“Arggh!” I groaned as I covered my face with my palms.

                “Are you okay?” I turned to see Sean smiling at me, his hands casually in his pockets.

                “Yeah,” I said, and started blushing as I recalled seeing him in my towel, “No I’m not.”

                “Why?” he asked, as he walked over to the swing and sat beside me, only inches away.

                “It’s all because of you,” I said, trying to make it light, “Why did you come and sleep on my bed? Don’t you have you own room?”

                “I told you I don’t like to sleep alone,” he said, as he looked at me, piercing me with his green eyes that I could practically drown into.

                “And because of you, I almost changed my clothes in front of you,” I said, as I chewed the bottom of my lip. I made it sound like it didn’t matter to me, when in fact; my face felt flushed just saying it.

                “Are you embarrassed about it?” Sean said, looking at me as I looked down at my feet, not daring to face his look. I nodded my head slightly as I lost the will to speak.

                “Don’t worry,” Sean said, as he reached for my hand. I wanted to pull it away but I couldn’t, “I almost didn’t see a thing.”

                “Really,” I whispered, as I looked at him. He was smiling at me, and when I looked at him, he winked at me. Oh no, he’s just saying it to make me feel better, “I hate you.”

                “I don’t think you do,” he said, as he played with my fingers.

                “What are you doing, Sean?” I asked, not able to control the beating of my heart. I feel like the words are tumbling out of my mouth as he took my fingers and kissed it. I wrenched my hands from his grasp, “What are you trying to do?”

                “I’m sorry,” he said when he saw the anger in my face, “Are you angry?”

                “Yes I am!” I replied, “We are acting as couples, but you don’t have to do things like that.”            

                “I’m sorry,” Sean said, his face looking hurt, “I didn’t mean to, I just couldn’t stop myself.”

                “It’s okay,” I replied after a moment of silence. I can never be angry with him for too long, “I just want you to know that I’m not like all those other girls you’ve been with.”

                “I know,” he said, looking down at his feet, playing with his fingers.

                “I don’t do all these physical things,” I explained as he nodded his head, “You are my friend, and that is why I’ve let you get away with the things that you have done. But if you don’t control yourself, I will stop talking to you.”

                “I’m sorry, Amy,” Sean said, looking at me, “I didn’t mean to make you feel uneasy. I guess it’s just the way I am.”

                “I’ll let this slide this time,” I said, smiling at him, “But no more Mr. Nice guy after this.”

                “Okay,” Sean said, nodding his head and smiling at me, “I want you to know that you really are different from other girls I’ve known. I will never do anything to take advantage of you. Whatever I do is sincerely coming from my heart.”