Chapter Eight ~ The Surprise

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" the family yelled. Jumping out from their hiding positions. Sam and Lilly jumped out from behind the door and Mum jumped out from behind the door separating the kitchen to the living room. I screamed, laughing at the unexpected surprise. I had completely forgotten it was my birthday. It had slipped my mind. It just felt like an ordinary day.

Sam jumped up for me to hold him. I pulled him into a hug. Squeezing him as tight as I could.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH" I squealed. Pulling the whole family in for a hug.

"It would be even better if Charlie and Leondre were here" I smiled.

I could hear a faint laughing from in the garden. It sounded familiar. I pulled away from the family hug and glanced at my Mum, she could barely contain her excitement. I slowly walked towards the back door. The blinds were pulled so I couldn't see into the garden. I stretched out to pull the handle, the laugh was getting closer now. I took a deep breath and pulled down the handle and swung open the door. I couldn't believe my eyes. Right there in the middle of the garden was Charlie. He stood, grinning from ear to ear. Tears brimmed in my eyes. I ran towards him, jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist. He caught me and pulled me into the hug. Wrapping his arms around my waist, tears escaped my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. Charlie whispered into my ear, "Happy birthday love" I hugged him tighter. Laughing into his jacket.

"Thank you Charlie" after 30 seconds of hugging I jumped down. I looked up at him in confusion.

"Where's Leo?" I asked.

"Umm..." Charlie lifted his arm to rub the back of his neck.

My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach. My own boyfriend wasn't even here on my Birthday. I turned round to head back to the house, when I came face to face with someone familiar. I smirk spread across his face and in his adorable welsh accent he said,

"Happy birthday princess"

I threw myself at him and hugged him as tight as I could, without letting go. Tears rolled down my cheeks. A smile sprung across my face. Eventually, Leo pulled away from the hug and wiped the tears away from my cheeks with his thumb.

He smiled at me with his cheeky smile. For that moment, everything in my life was perfect.

We had a lovely family meal at lunch. Leo and Charlie stayed for most of the day before going back to their hotel. It was so perfect. My whole family and best friends together.

When it was time for the boys to leave, I didn't cry. In fact, I had a huge smile on my face, because I knew, no matter how far away Leo was, he'd always be mine and that kept me going. I did the traditional goodbyes with the boys and waved them off at the door before going to help mum with the tonnes of washing up.

"Was it a brilliant birthday then pet?" She said, smiling at me.

"It really was thanks Mum" I said hugging her from behind. She leant her head on my shoulder.

"You're welcome love" she said, returning to the washing up.

"So...have you heard from Gary?" I asked, Mum cringed. Well, someone had to bring him up.

"Um, yeah I have." She winced, goosebumps running up her arms.

"And..." I mumbled

"He's coming over later, it's tonight Beth..." She whispered.

I stood thinking for a minute, a smile on my face. I thought everything would be okay. Mum would get through this and Gary would leave and once again we'll be a proper family. Me, Mum, Sam and Lilly.

Little did I know my world was about to come crashing down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N, okay, It might take me a while to write the next chapter, bc I have to figure out how to word it, but hopefully everything should go okay.

Thank you for reading up to here and I hope you've enjoyed it👍 x