"(GIF) Moodboards" || @corvums

Moodboards - those things you see often as character aesthetics, because graphic-ing is all about the aesthetic, right?

Not necessarily, but here is a tutorial for (GIF) moodboards! You're free to interpret this however you'd like; it's written as a simple guide, and you're more than welcome to build upon it to suit your liking. If you're not intending to include a GIF, just follow Steps 1 through 3 then jump to 7 and 8, and you're done. You don't have to follow all of the steps, either! It's really up to you.

SOFTWARE:

Photoshop CS6

STYLE OF GRAPHIC:

Manipulation and Combinations

LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY:

Beginner

─────────────────────────────

Step 1: Choose six images. If you're making a GIF moodboard, make one of them a GIF! For the purpose of this tutorial, the GIF selected is not self-made (step 2A); however, if you'd like to do that (step 2B) that's alright too! Further steps will enclose details of how that's possible. Please remember just to create the individual layers rather than make them into a GIF!

Step 2A: Look at the dimensions of your GIF. If you're on Google Images, you can do this really easily (see Figure 1). Otherwise, on Mac, go to Edits > Adjust Size on Preview or on windows, in File Explorer, right-click and select Properties (all the way at the bottom of the list), then click Details (Figure 2).

 Otherwise, on Mac, go to Edits > Adjust Size on Preview or on windows, in File Explorer, right-click and select Properties (all the way at the bottom of the list), then click Details (Figure 2)

Figure 1: How to view dimensions on Google Images.

Figure 2: How to find the dimensions on Windows.

Step 2B: Create your own GIF. Use as many panels as you'd like!