maths class

jace

after my 'run-in' with sebastian, i had slapped my head over and over again in pure annoyance. i wasn't going to let sebastian hurt anyone, ever again - and certainly not clary.

i walked into my next class, maths. i know i was late but i honestly, seriously couldn't care.

"jace herondale, what time do you call this? again?" mrs. hevingham asked in disappointment. i rolled my eyes and replied,

"sorry, mrs, hevingham. it won't happen again."

she gave me her 'yeah right' look while pushing her glasses up. she was right; it would happen again.

i noticed that the only seats left were next to a few queen bees, mia conserve, carma clott and, of course, aline penhallow, and one at the back next to clary.

they all looked up, pleading at me, but i swiftly ignored them and walked over to clary. she looked up, startled. red locks fell in front of her freckle covered face, and i swore i could have kissed her there and then.

i gave her my dazzling smile and she blushed and looked down. most of the girls shot her death glares, even though she didn't notice. i smiled, and sat next to her and noticed the pencil moving softly in her small hand.

"what are you drawing?" i whispered. she didn't look up, but showed me a tiny bit of the drawing. it looked like an angel, golden and soft looking.

"can I see it properly?" i asked. she shook her head no, secretly shielding the artwork from my wandering eyes. after a while she went up to the bin to sharpen her pencil, leaving her art book half open on the desk.

i opened the book a little more, and took a look at her drawing; and gasped. she was an amazing artist! the angel had golden wings as well as hair; she had captured the planes of his face perfectly. he had no shirt on, showing a perfect six pack, and his jeans were ripped and he was barefoot. he held a golden sword in one hand, gazing at it, which was decorated in swirling patterns.

then, i looked closer. my eyes narrowed at the drawing and i took a better look at the bone structure of the angel's face, and at the shape of his almond, golden eyes, and realised.

it.
was.
me.

she came back and i quickly looked back at my maths book, shutting the book with a small thud. biting my pencil, i felt her sit next to me as i continued to struggle and ponder over a few questions.

"hey, uh, can you help me?"

"clary!" i shouted to her as she walked out of the classroom with the rest of the students. she turned, startled, and smiled, her dimples popping out under her high cheekbones.

"hey, jace. you need something?" she asked me.

"can i sit with you and izzy today please? i'm not up for hanging with the football team today." she nodded and i smiled, capturing her emerald green eyes.

"thank you." she gave me a small thumbs up and turned away, making her way to her next class.

"somebody got their eyes on little red? she's mine." sebastian whispered and walked away. jace rolled his eyes and flicked him off,

A/N: Thanks guys, love ya all. Won't be able to update or anything till maybe tomorrow so I'm sorry. I hope you like this chapter!
ArtIsMyEscape12 x

^yo it's ash and i'm sobbing at my old work lmao it's so shit bless u all