Sunday

I woke up this morning and got ready for church. I put on a red plaid dress with my black blazer. I fixed Reine's bottles after I straightened my hair. Then I put Reine on a black long sleeve onesie with some black tights and her red plaid overalls. I put her in the swing with her bottle as I found her black moccasins with the red bottoms. "Alright baby lets go" I said as I buckled her in her seat.

We got to church just as they were about to start. I found my mom and sat beside her. "Give me my grand baby" she said as they started praise and worship. I handed her Reine as we stood up. "Y'all look cute today" she said. "Thanks" I said fixing my dress. After praise and worship we sat back down. During welcome some of my moms friends came over to see Reine. "Hey Princess is this that grand baby you were telling us about" mother Brown asked. "Yes this is Reine" my mom said. "She's precious" Mother Brown said walking away. Then Micheal walked up to us. "Hey Micheal" my momma said. "Hey sister Allen" Micheal said looking at my mom then me. "Micheal this is my daughter" my mom said. "Payton" Micheal said finishing her sentence. "Yes. You know her" she asked. "We met at the gas station" Micheal said. "And he's Reine's doctor" I said and her face lit up. "Well Micheal you should join us for dinner today. Tell your mom to come too" my mom said as people started to sit down. "Yes ma'am" he laughed as he walked away. "Mom I think I'm old enough to get my own man" I said as we sat down. "Well I like to help" she laughed.

After church we went to my moms house. Reine was wide awake talking away as we walked in the house. "Today we are having fried chicken, mashed potatoes, turnip greens, macaroni and cheese, and for dessert your famous red velvet chess squares" my mom said. "Well thanks for letting me know I was cooking" I laughed. "I mean you got to because Micheal and his mom are coming" she said. "How long have they been going to that church" I asked. "They started the Sunday after you left. He's been involved in the church too" she said. "Of course" I said as I put Reine on her play mat. "Y'all are going to be so cute together" she said as she handed me my ingredients. "Who said we were going to be together" I laughed as I got my secret ingredient out of the pantry. "Girl the way y'all looked at each other said it all" my mom laughed as we started cooking. My mom cut on some old school music as we continued joking around.

Once we finished cooking it was 2:30. Reine had fallen asleep on the play mat. "Go put her in the back room" my mom smiled. "What did you do to the room" I asked as I picked her up. "Nothing really" she said. "Mom she hasn't even been here a week" I laughed. "And I'm excited" she said as we walked to the back. I opened the door and just as I thought she turned my old room into a little nursery.

 I opened the door and just as I thought she turned my old room into a little nursery

"This is beautiful" I said. "Thanks" my mom laughed. I laid Reine down as I looked around. "Mom Reine doesn't even have a room at my house yet" I said. "So she's got one here. Look I see your life going up from here. I mean you already hit rock bottom so the only place to go is up" she said walking away as someone knocked. I followed her to the door and sat on the couch turning on the tv. "Hey Tasha" my mom said. "Hey Princess" the lady said. "Girl call me Pea" my mom laughed as they walked in. "Tasha this is my daughter Payton" my mom said. "Hi Payton. I'm Miss Tasha. This is my son Micheal" Miss Tasha said. "Girl she knows Micheal" my mom said. "Oh. How" Miss Tasha asked. "Does it matter" Micheal asked quickly. "Yeeeessss. They met at the gas station and Micheal is my grand baby's doctor" my mom said. "Ohhh. This is the girl you've been talking about" his mom asked and I raised my eyebrow. "So what's for dinner" Micheal asked.

"We are having chicken, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, turnip greens, and Payton's famous red velvet chess squares" my mom said. "Are those the chess squares we had at the bake sale last year" Miss Tasha asked. "No those were mine. Payton's are better" my mom said. "Really momma" I said grabbing plates. "I'm just saying. Go get my baby so she can eat" my mom said. "She's sleep" I said fixing my plate. "So I know she's hungry" she said as Reine started crying. "Fatty" I laughed as I put my plate down. I grabbed Reine from the other room and changed her diaper. I handed her to my mom as I washed my hands.

We all sat down and said grace. "She is the cutest little baby I have seen" Miss Tasha said. "Thank you" I said. "So do you have a job" she asked. " I'm kinda in between real jobs right now so I just work at a department store" I said. "Did you go to school" she asked.  "Yes I went to MTSU and I majored in business" I said as I fed Reine some mashed potatoes. "Business? Why don't you have your own business girl" she asked. "Well I started on one about two years ago. Then my grandma and dad died and other stuff happened" I said. "I'm sorry for your loss" she said as I nodded. "Two years ago would have been a bad time to start a business but now is perfect" Micheal said. "You better go for it girl" my mom said. "I will look into that" I said. "So I heard you were engaged" Tasha said. "Well that was called off. He wasn't right for me" I said. "He ended it because she can't have kids" my mom said. "Oh that's stupid" Miss Tasha said. "That means he didn't really love you. He was probably looking at your beauty so y'all can make beautiful babies" Micheal said. "Well do you have a boyfriend" Miss Tasha asked as I gave Reine a bottle. "No ma'am" I laughed. "Micheal is single too" she said. "Really momma" Micheal laughed.

After dinner we sat in the den talking and watching tv. "So Micheal we talked about me all through dinner. What's up with you" I asked as I watched him play with Reine. "Uhh well you already know I'm a doctor. That's all I've ever wanted to do" he said. "What made you want to be a children's doctor" my mom asked. "Well it just seemed easier plus kids are cute and funny. If I would have been an adult doctor I would have to deal with a lot more problems" he said. "Oh that makes sense" I said. "What about your love life? Do you have anyone you're seeing" my mom asked. "Momma" I said. "No I focused on school while I was in school. Now that I'm set I'm trying to find my queen" he said glancing at me. "Well Payton is a queen" my mom said. "She is" Micheal laughed. "Mom we are grown. We can make our own moves" I said. "Alright. I'm done" she laughed.

"I think it's time I get home" Tasha said. "Yea I gotta get Reine home" I said. "Thanks for coming. We should do this again some time" my mom said. "We can do this once a month but we gotta alternate who cooks" I said. "That sounds cool" Micheal said. "Yea I can do that" Miss Tasha said. "But stay out of our love life please" I said. "Okay okay fine" my mom and Miss Tasha said. "We can do my house next" Miss Tasha said. I grabbed Reine's stuff as Miss Tasha walked to the car. "I'll help you take her to the car" Micheal said. "Thanks" I said. I hugged my mom and led Micheal to the car. Micheal put her in the car and strapped her in. "So since you have my number can I have yours" he asked turning to me. "I'll call you later" I laughed. "Ha Alright. Look I would really like to get to know you if that's alright, without the help of our mothers" he laughed. "Oh you will. You gave me your number so I'm going to call you for every little thing" I laughed. "I'll be waiting" he said. "Where do you live" I asked. "I live off of wait are you going to stalk me" he asked. "What? No" I laughed. "I'm just making sure. I live off of Dallas Drive in those apartments" he said. "On the right or left" I asked. "Oh yea you're trying to stalk me for real" he joked. "No I was just wondering. I always wondered about those" I lied. "I live on the left" he said. I nodded because I lived on the right.

Author's Note: hey guys thanks for reading my book/s. I love all of my loyal readers (and Unloyal readers). Please comment or message me any ideas you have that I could add! I love your feedback. ❤️