Rewriting Stories

Now, it's not a diss at people who do, because I'm one of them 😂 Plus rewriting stories is also kinda fun and helps improve your storywriting in my opinion.

This rant is basically just the frustrations this action brings.

You have the story all written out in its original version, so you know how you are going to go writing it.

But the catch?

It's not supposed to be the same. It's supposed to be more fleshed out, improved plot, and so on.

Personally, I've found good ways to put old parts of the story into an interesting rewrite.

But for one book... I can't figure out how I want to start it off.

It's my Star Wars fanfiction where Anakin and Obi-Wan discover an uncharted solar system and find a highly intelligent civilization on one of the planets there.

In both the very original (I was age 11) and the rewrite from freshman high school they end up crashing on the planet in Anakin's ship, Twilight.

It just seems like a good way for the leader of the planet's military to meet them. But for the life of me... I don't know how to rewrite this first chapter in a way that doesn't feel like I'm repeating my 11 y/o self again like I did at age 14. 😣

This concept of rewriting scenes and stories just frustrates me for moments like this. Even redoing Awakening was irritating. Nic and Molly argued after being let out of school in the original. In my rewrite I have it where it starts off with an off-season basketball game (small hint if you do want that book).

It is just so difficult sometimes to pick something to work off of. Rewriting stories should not be this difficult sometimes