♡Mechanism♡

"And now, I look like a potato," you remarked as you finished pinning your hair up. You ran your hands over your long dress before grabbing your handbag, that was seated on the bed.

Currently, you were getting ready to go into work. You worked as a personal assistant to Michael Jackson, and you had been doing so for the past two years. Today, you were going to be late - and that idea ate away at your conscience. Usually, you would make an effort to go in early - but this time, you had slept in.

"I'm gonna be so late," you mumbled to yourself as you walked out of the bedroom, and subsequently - out of your small flat.

~•♡•~

Rushing into the studio, you were met with your good friend - Lily. Lily was a part of Michael's makeup team, and the two of you were practically like sisters. Michael was standing in the corner, conversing with his manager, Frank, as you walked by.

His eyes met yours, and you felt a blush rise to your cheeks as you looked away. Recently, Michael and you had been staring at each other an awful lot. Sometimes he would be distracted when you were around - and you were the same around him.

You had a tiny crush on the man, but you didn't let it get out of hand.

"(Y/N)!" Lily called, walking up to you. She wrapped her arms around you, hugging you warmly. "How are you?" she smiled.

"I'm fine," you smiled in response, trying your best to keep your eyes off of Michael.

"Did you bring in the foundation shade that I asked you to pick up for me yesterday?" she bit her lip.

"Oh, yeah," you widened your eyes, fishing into your handbag - pulling out a small plastic bag. Inside, was a small bottle of foundation - and you handed it to her.

"Thanks, (Y/N)," she grinned. "You're the best!"

~•♡•~

Later on during the day, you were seated in the corner of the studio - watching Michael rehearse in front of the wall to wall mirror. He looked tired, and his dancers looked tired as well.

"Right," Michael sighed, setting his hands on his hips. "That's it for today," he smiled a little as the dancers breathed a sigh of relief, proceeding to grab their bags and leave the studio.

Frank and Lily were still in the corner, conversing quietly. A moment passed before Frank left her - walking out of the studio after waving at you and Michael.

"Well, I'd better get going too," Lily walked up to you, giving you a hug before leaving the studio as well.

You and Michael were alone, and you felt very nervous. You did your best to keep a straight face as the man stared at himself in the mirror.

"Is...everything okay?" you frowned a little, standing up.

"I'd be lying if I said it was," Michael mumbled, making your eyes widen slightly.

"Is there...anything I can do?" you cleared your throat.

Michael sighed, turning his head to look at you.

"No," he responded before turning his head back to look at his reflection once more. "Ugh," he growled, trying his best to steady his breathing. "I can't seem to think of the perfect move," he bit on his lip slightly.

You stood up and made your way toward him.

"Mr. Jackson..." you trailed off.

"Michael," he corrected you.

"Michael," you repeated with a small smile before continuing. "You seem rather...stressed," you raised an eyebrow slightly.

"I am," he laughed a little. "I'm in dire need of a mechanism to cheer me up," he rolled his eyes slightly, making you laugh.

"I...have an idea," you broke into a small grin. "Would you be willing to accompany to me to the beach?" you questioned shyly.

Michael raised an eyebrow at you, he clearly thought that you were playing. A moment passed before he realized that you were being honest.

"Yes,"

~•♡•~

Once Michael and yourself had arrived at the beach area, you were both relieved to find that the place was empty. You had the beach all to yourselves. You held onto Michael's right hand, pulling him along with you.

After a second, you brought the two of you to a stop - releasing Michael's hand, and turning around to face him.

"Take off your shoes," you instructed him.

"What?" he gawked. "But I have socks on,"

"Take them off too," you smiled. Michael looked skeptical for a brief moment, but he quickly did as told.

Now, he was standing on the sand without any shoes, or socks, on.

"Do you feel that?" you questioned, taking your shoes off as well. "The feel of the sand beneath your feet?" you bit your lip.

"Yeah," he relaxed a little. "It feels...good," he chuckled.

"I always like to come out here, and stand like this whenever I feel upset," you began. "It reminds me that nature is beautiful, and that God is still in control,"

Michael was staring at you, and had been doing so for the past minute. You turned your head to look at him, frowning a little when you noticed his intense gaze.

"What?" you battered your eyelids slightly.

In the blink of an eye, his lips were against yours.

He had kissed you, and you were not complaining.

~~~~~♡~~~~~
I know it sucked.
Thank you for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~