Chapter 2

Later At Night.

Elua's POV.

I was sitting in the middle of the saddle. Aang and Katara are in the front, and Sokka is sitting in the back, still not looking happy. I look over to Sokka, he looks at me suspiciously as I sit in front of him.
"Why is it you don't seem to like me or Aang?" I ask him curiously.
"We don't know you," He states. "You could hurt Katara or our tribe, or both. And you're just going to be a bad influence." He says, at least he was truthful.
"Actually, I was one of the most mature girls my age at the air temple," I tell him. He stays silent, not seeming to care. "So, what do you do around here?" I ask, changing the subject. He looks at me weirdly, did I say something wrong?

"What do you mean?" He asks confused.
"I mean what do you do around here for, you know, fun," I say shrugging.
"Nothing. We're in the middle of a war we don't have time for fun." He states. I frown in confusion, what was he talking about?
"War? What war?" I ask him. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.
"You don't know about the war?" He questions. I shake my head, he looks shocked. "The 100-year war? You know, the Fire Nation attack everyone?" He asks.
"What?" I ask in shock. How long were we in the ice? He looks at me worriedly.

"Are you alright? I think being in that ice did something to your memory." Sokka says, I stare off into the water in shock. "Okay, I'm going to sleep. Wake me when we get there." He tells as he lays down. How long were we in that ice? I look over at Aang to see him sleeping, meaning I'm the only one awake. I sigh as I get up and walk over to Aang. I take the reigns and focus on keeping Appa in the right direction.

The Next Morning, In The Southern Water Tribe.

Elua's POV.

Aang and I are in an ice hut in the Southern Water Tribe. Aang was asleep and I had been trying to get some sleep, but I can't stop thinking. If the war started 100 years ago, then we most likely been in the ice for 100 years. Everyone I knew was probably gone, either killed or died of old age. How am I supposed to tell Aang? He'll be devastated, and he'll blame himself, and if there really is a war going on we'll have to find a way to end it. How is a twelve-year-old supposed to end a war?

He'll need to find a water bending master, an Earth bending master, and a Fire bending master. And if this war really is against the Fire Nation how are we supposed to find a master that won't kill us. I take a deep breath as my thoughts become overwhelming. I'm suddenly brought out of my thoughts as Katara walks into the ice hut and starts to wake Aang up, I look over and realize he's having a nightmare.
"Aang! Aang, wake up!" Katara says as she shakes him. He wakes up, gasping for breath.
"It's okay. We're in the village now." I tell him as I stand up. He nods as he takes a deep breath.

"Come on, get ready. Everyone's waiting to meet you." Katara says smiling. Aang gets up and puts on his shirt as Katara pulls him outside of the hut, I follow them. It was quite cold here, the Air temple
"Wha!" Aang exclaims as Katara drags him in front of the village.
"Aang, Elua, this is the entire village," Katara says as she motions to several women and children. "The entire village, Aang and Elua," She introduces us. Aang and I bow to them in a friendly manner, but the people back away from us.
"Uh...why are they all looking at me like that? Did Appa sneeze on me?" Aang asks. An old woman walks in front of us as Aang inspects his clothes for bison snot.

"Well, no one has seen an Airbender in a hundred years. We thought they were extinct until my granddaughter and grandson found you." The woman says.
"'Extinct'?" Aang asks.
"Aang, Elua, this is my grandmother," Katara says gesturing to the old woman.
"Call me Gran-Gran." She tells us with a not so happy expression. Sokka grabs my staff from my hand and examins it. "What is this, a weapon? You can't stab anything with this." Sokka states.

"It's not for stabbing," I tell him as I create a jet of air that sucks the staff back into my hand.
"It's for airbending," Aang tells him as he opens his staff, the red wings fly out and the children around us gasped in amazement.
"Magic trick! Do it again!" A little girl says smiling.
"Not magic, airbending," I tell her with a small smile. "It lets us control the air currents around our gliders and fly," I inform the young girl, she smiles at me.
"You know, last time I checked, humans can't fly," Sokka says as he crosses his arms.

"Check again!" Aang says as he launches himself into the air with his glider. He soars through the air, doing loops as the villagers on the ground point to him in wonder.
"Whoa...he's flying...it's amazing!" The villagers say in awe. I watch as Aang looks down at Katara as she smiles at him, he is so busy with her attention that he slams right into some sort of tower. He pulls his head out of the tower and falls to the ground with his glider, Sokka runs over a look of horror on his face.
"My watchtower!" Sokka gasps.
"That was amazing," Katara says as she helps Aang off the ground. Aang twirls his glider shut as Sokka examines the damaged tower behind him, a huge bank of snow falls onto Sokka, burying him.

"Great. You're both Airbenders, Katara's a waterbender, together you can just waste time all day long." Sokka says in annoyance as he climbs out of the snow.
"You're a waterbender!" Aang says excitedly.
"Well sort of. Not yet."  Katara says sheepishly.
"Alright. No more playing," Their grandmother says as she walks over to us. "Come on, Katara, you have chores." She says as she leads Katara away. I look over to Aang and see him goofing off with the little kids. I sigh in sadness, I wish he got to be a kid for longer then he did.