Chapter 9: Looking Out For

[Lucas]

"That's right, I'm Jisoo's fiancé. So you better stay the hell away from her."

After hearing the shocking revelation, my eyes quickly found Sohyun standing at the back, looking confuse and hurt at the same time. I grunted when I couldn't go to her since I was still holding Yuta down. Everything was a mess and we all just stood there unmoving.

"Ten." Taeyong started and his friend automatically looked up to face him. "Sorry man, but Jisoo and I have to go." Taeyong broke the silence and was quick to exit the room with Jisoo beside him staggering.

When Taeyong and Jisoo were already out of our sight, I felt Yuta stopped from struggling and Jaehyun assisted him to sit at the nearest stool. I on the other hand began to look for Sohyun who managed to sneak out from the dispersing crowd. When I was about to give up on looking, I spotted her walking hastily towards the exit door.

"Yah!" I called and I was able to grab her arms by the time that we got outside the club. "Where do you think you're going?" I asked, looking for her face who she kept hidden away from me.

"I— I have to go home." Sohyun answered, her eyes were looking everywhere but at me.

"I'll take you home." I stated and started pulling her towards my car but she quickly swatted my hand away and I just stared at her questioningly.

"No. I'll be fine." Sohyun said and I scowled.

"Are you nuts?" I shouted to which she got startled. "It's late and you—" I didn't finish my sentence since I noticed tears streaming down her face. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, starting to panic.

"I'm fine." Sohyun insisted and she quickly wiped her tears away.

Seeing her cry made me feel awful. It was like there's a needle poking my heart and it kept digging deeper inside. But why am I feeling this way? I should be happy that Lee Taeyong wouldn't be a problem between us anymore. So why do I feel like this?

"I'll take her home, myself." We both turned and saw the guy that I confronted back at the cafeteria.

"Jungwoo-ah!" Sohyun exclaimed and went running towards the guy and II immediately gave the guy a glare, seeing that he quickly got Sohyun in his arms, ushering her away.

"Hey!" I interrupted, feeling furious.

"Lucas." Sohyun cut me off. "Not now. Please." Sohyun said, almost begging and I couldn't help myself but get hurt the way she pleaded with her hurtful eyes.

And so, I was left there all alone along the path walk, looking at their figures going further away.

***

[Taeyong]

As I settled Jisoo down to the passenger seat of my car, my mind was scolding me of what I just did back at the club. I seriously got screwed up back there and I'm pretty sure Jisoo wouldn't be happy about it. Ever since we got engaged back during our first year, Jisoo made me promise to never tell anyone about it and of course, I agreed since I didn't like the idea of us getting engaged too. And ever since then, Jisoo and I treated each other like we're strangers every time we're at school.

"Yah—" I flinched when Jisoo suddenly spoke on her seat. "Where are you taking me?" She mumbled and I realized that she's still drunk and kept on talking all to herself.

"I'm taking you back to your house." I deadpan.

"NO!!!" I jumped in surprised when Jisoo started thrashing against the seat. "I won't go back there! I don't want to see mom! I hate them!" Jisoo whined and I saw her pouting at me with her sparkling eyes that threatens tears to come out and I almost laughed at the way she said it which was kind of cute if you ask me. "Don't you dare take me back home— Or I swear—"