Chapter 4

The week passed by quickly and tonight was the masqurade ball. I had already ordered my dress and everything. Me and Jenny are going together. Jenny said that her friend Vanessa said that they are going to sneak around the back. My name was already on the list. But apparently Blair said that the ball was only for "them" and some other people that are like "high class". My phone suddenly buzzed. Blair. Of course.

'Mackenzie I want you and your band to meet me and the ball before it starts. Just so that you guys can get set up. BTW I was wondering if you can be one of my messagers to Nate so that he can find me at midnight and so we could... you know. The ball starts at 8 and I was wondering if you guys can be here around 7:30? Thanks! See you then!' xoxo- B'

I called the guys and told them to pick me up around 7:15ish. Tonight was gonna be perfect.

*At the Ball*

It was 7:20 and Blair was already here. But not in her dress. She was just helping with the last finishing touches.

"Good! You made it! You guys can start setting up over there behind the bar." she told us. I nodded and went to the back and started setting up the instruments and the speakers. The guys told me that they got the rest of the stuff and that I should go and get ready.

I was in my beautiful black dress. Yes I do tend to wear alot of black. I just feel like it looks better on me.

I only plan to sing one song since I will probably be hanging out with Jenny the whole time.

People started arriving about fifteen minutes later after our band left. A few minutes later the place was packed with teens in masks.

Minutes later I see Jenny and Vanessa pay a man and came from the back. I was about to approach them, until Blair approached me.

"Are you and your band ready?" she asked me holding a mask to her face.

"Ya. We're ready." she nodded and when went up to the stage.

"Hello. Can everyone hear me?!" I told them. Then they all faced towards me.

"We are The Reckless Mess. We are singing yall a song and its a song we wrote a while ago. Its called Just Tonight. Hope you guys like it." I smiled at the audiance and I got ready to sing. The gutiar started playing and that was my cue to sing.

"Here we are and I can't think from all the pills, hey
Start the car and take me home
Here we are and you're too drunk to hear a word I say
Start the car and take me home"

"Just tonight I will stay
And we'll throw it all away
When the light hits your eyes
It's telling me I'm right
And if I, I am through
Then it's all because of you
Just tonight"

"Here I am and I can't seem to see straight
But I'm too numb to feel right now
And here I am watching the clock that's ticking away my time
I'm too numb to feel right now"

"Just tonight I will stay
And we'll throw it all away
When the light hits your eyes
It's telling me I'm right
And if I, I am through
Then it's all because of you
Just tonight"

"Just tonight"

"Do you understand who I am?
Do you wanna know?
Can you really see through me now?
I'm about to go"

"But just tonight I won't leave
And I'll lie and you'll believe
Just tonight I will see
It's all because of me"

"Just tonight I will stay
And we'll throw it all away
When the light hits your eyes
It's telling me I'm right
And if I, I am through
Then it's all because of you
Just tonight"

"(Do you understand who I am?)
It's all because of you
Just tonight
(Do you understand who I am?)
It's all because of you
Just tonight
(Do you understand who I am?)
It's all because of you
Just tonight
(Do you understand who I am?)
It's all because of you
Just tonight "

They all started cheering and my band and I got off the stage until a hand grabbed my arm.

"You're her."