"Have fun." Yumi winked at me skipping off to her boyfriend. Why does she get to work with her boyfriend and I'm stuck with my least favorite person in the room? And judging Chanyeol's face, he didn't look very pleased too.

"Hey there," He said curtly. I nodded and started preparing the ingredients when I suddenly thought of something.

"Where is Junmyun? I haven't seen him anywhere since breakfast." 

"Oh, he had to go home due to some emergency." He replied with a bored expression.

"What emergency?"

"His mother got sick."

"Oh..." I hope she gets better, I thought.

"So you wanna prepare the ingredients and I'll begin the experiment?" Chanyeol asked me.

Wow, he's really trying to cooperate with me?  I  nodded in return.

He just shrugged and after a few moments of silence he continued again, "Look, I know you prefer to work alone-"

"How do you know that?"

"You roll your eyes every time our teachers want us to form pairs." He answered simply.

"Do you have a habit of watching me in your every class?" I quickly grimaced after I said that. What an idiot you are, Mirae.

"We've shared the same classes for 3 years. I think everyone must have noticed it."

I opened my mouth to say something when something caught my attention: 'I know you prefer to work alone'......Alone! At the end of last year, I told him to leave me alone. Is that why he has been acting so strangely?

"Are you trying to leave me alone?" Shit, this sounds so foolish. Me and my stupid mouth can't stop talking nonsense. I need to tape it.

"I- uh, what?" He asked, confused.

"Nothing I mean...I think I just figured out why you are acting so...so not like you, and-"

"You're not making any sense." He chuckled.

"I mean you're dating Yoori now and... What I mean is that all the time you used to flirt and ask me out and finally you've stopped and ..."

He just arrogantly rolled his eyes at me and said, "Don't flatter yourself, miss. Not everything I do revolves around you."

"So what if I had said yes? Are you telling me that you wouldn't have actually dated me? That it was all for your amusement." I asked him.

 I knew this conversation was going nowhere and this was nonsense and desperate of me to ask. But I needed to clear a few things.

"You were just easy to annoy, that's all." He replied with a shrug.

"Oh, that's great. So all this time, you had been using me for entertainment." I stated, glaring at him.

"Because I knew you'd never say yes." He replied quietly.

That hit me and I realized that I had nothing to say back. We worked in silence for the rest of the class.

"No way! That's just bullshit. Anyone would be blind not to notice that he actually liked you!" Yumi exclaimed when I told her about my interaction with Chanyeol.

"I don't know...that's what he said" I responded with a frown. "Just let it go, he's right though. I wouldn't have ever said yes." 

Our teachers were starting to burden us more and more with piles of homework and quizzes. It was especially difficult for me because I had to do rounds with Junmyun at night too. He had returned the next day and was really quiet these days so it got more boring.