Adorable

"I don't know how you do it," Tom admitted with a shy smile, tucking his head into Chris' neck. His boyfriend apparently was immune to the cold because he was sitting on the couch with bare arms and a manly grin. Tom was drowning in Chris' jumper, his toes buried beneath his lover's legs and he was still trembling.

"You're too cute," Chris snorted, nuzzling his nose against Tom's damp hair. "It's not that cold, you adorable man. Maybe you're just coming down with something," he froze and manoeuvred their bodies until he could see Tom's face. The 'adorable man' in question groaned from the lack of body heat. "Oh no, do you feel okay? You feel a bit hot."

Liam put down his book and glared questioningly at the two lovers. The blotchy flush against Tom's cheeks and dilated eyeballs made his eyebrows shoot into his hairline.

"Damn, Tommy! You look like shit!"

"Shut up, Liam," Chris snapped, trailing his fingers across Tom's exposed throat, hissing at the heat and swelling he found there. "Don't you feel well? Why didn't you say something, you fool?"

"I was enjoying our cuddle," Tom pouted, shivering against Chris' hands. "Come back!" he made pathetic grabby motions with his hands, his glasses slipping down his nose.

Chris fought back a startled laugh, leaning backwards and allowing his clingy lover to mould into him. His body was sticky with a low-grade fever, his pupils blown and body quivering with strain. He felt guilty for not realizing sooner.

"I'll grab some water and a thermometer," Liam offered dutifully, dragging himself off the sofa and stumbling towards the kitchen like a pampered zombie.

Tom yawned, his fingers dancing across Chris' arms. His throat did hurt a little bit and he felt grossly weak and frozen.

It was probably because of the snow fight he and Liam had on Sunday. Chris had been furious, slapping his brother with a sheet of ice before guiding his poor lover into the warmth of their bedroom ;)

"Sleep, my love," Chris whispered, knowing exactly what effect pet names had on his sensitive partner. As expected, Tom groaned and hit his blushing face in Chris' shoulder. "I'll keep you safe, baby boy,"

"I'm older than you," Tom mumbled with a secret smile, his heart ballooning with love and memory. They had talked about this before, back when Chris and he were no more than... friends.

"Fine. Is daddy better?" Chris chuckled, not missing a beat. He drank Tom's moan of frustration. His laughter tapered into a groan when Tom bit his shoulder.

"HEY! None of that here! Nuh-uh!" Liam exclaimed, whipping Chris with a tea towel. "Tom, you're supposed to be resting! No sex!"

"You're just jealous," Chris snorted, "-that I get to tap that and you don't!"

"HA! How do you know I haven't?"

"Because you're not as hot as me and you can't lie to save your ass."

"... that's mean, brother. That cut deep."

"Yeah, well you shamelessly flirting with my boyfriend doesn't exactly tickle either!"

"Oh my- Tom! Tell your boyfriend that we're not fucking."

But there was no reply, just a gentle snore from beneath Chris' shirt. Liam cooed and snapped a picture. Chris felt his eyes dampen with lots of different emotions.

"He's the best," Chris sighed with a gentle smile, gently toying with a strand of Tom's curly hair and watching with amusement as it straightened and bounced back to his forehead. He adored this man.

"You do realize-," Liam mumbled, his eyes glued to his wistful brother and sleepy friend. This was going to break Chris' heart. "-we leave him in two days..."

"Don't-," Chris whispered softly, subconsciously tightening his grip. "I know, Liam, but I don't want to think about it now."

"Okay," Liam smiled sadly, casting one more look at the beautiful couple before heading to bed. "His water and throat soothers are on the table. Wake me if you need anything."

"Thank you,"

Chris simply held the only thing that mattered to him, listening to his heart beat as the night ticked on. He couldn't sleep because he didn't want to let Tom out of his sight. He didn't want Tom to wake up alone and he didn't want Tom to feel as sad as he felt right now. One day they'd be together. One day, he'd never have to leave...