013

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

-Hellen Keller

Knowing Alexandria she was probably styling her hair. She didn't use forever to get dressed but she could spend 45 minutes on her hair but I didn't mind.

When she came down I was not disappointed. I love how she doesn't find the need to over dress unless it's absolutely needed. There was another reason I was taking her out apart from wanting to spend time with her.

We said good night to Ava because we won't be back before her bedtime.

The drive was spent in a comfortable silence for most of the journey before Alexandria connected her phone to the car and started blasting Maroon five and I had to put up a lot of restraint to stop myself from singing along to memories, I don't know what it is about that song but it touches my heart every time I hear it.

I was gonna take her to a 5 star Italian restaurant before, I had already made reservations but I decided against it last minute. I pulled up beside a very under-rated but extra ordinary fast food joint. It gave off a homey vibe and that's what I felt like right now. Alexandria didn't wait for me to come open her door but she didn't object when I hooked her arm through mine. I held open the door and she flashed me a small smile before entering.

It was nearly filled up and it was clear that this was a family restaurant, apart from the family portrait on the wall with the word OWNER engraved below it, it just gives off the home away from home vibe.

Alexandria ordered 3 turkey sandwiches while I got a pasta and it went along quite well. I was actually surprised on how well the conversation flowed. I liked it, the way she got completely involved in a topic she's interested in, the way she ate like a pig but still managed to look like a lady, how she captured the attention of the waiter without even trying.

When we were about to leave she insisted on splitting the check and I agreed to avoid arguement but ended up paying behind her back when she went to use the restroom, which she still hasn't forgiven me for yet.

"What is with guys and their stupid ego's" she ranted to herself still sulking in the passengers seat " I don't know how much damage it will bring to push down their stupid pride and split the check, I didn't even offer to pay in full but I guess you would start having heart palpitations if I did" she finished huffing.

I think she was trying to look intimidating but she just looked.... hot. Yeah, that's the word.

I pulled up at the ABC cinema and went round to open her door but she was already out. She rolled her eyes when I tried to take her hand but later gave in. We decided, she decided , on the purge against my own better judgement, like who watches horror movies for fun. I thought it was just an avenue to show your friends that you are not a chicken.

I had to tell her but I didn't know how to. I didn't want it to seem like I still had feelings for her. Whether I was willing to admit it out loud or not, I couldn't deny that I've begun to care about Alexandria and that little cupcake Ava and I wouldn't want her to think I was still hung up on the past.

I was shell-shocked when we stepped out of the screen room but the devil of a lady beside me was just munching on licorice. I took a few pictures of her when she was engrossed in the movie, it's not creepy. I didn't see her shake or flinch once, but maybe I just didn't notice 'cause I was doing exactly that.

When I parked in front of the house I realized that this is the part in the movie where we kiss...... life would be so simple if we were following a plot or script .

"Thanks for the movie and food, I had fun" she said as she was about to get out of the car.

"Wait!!" I shouted, although I didn't know why

"Yeah..?" She said getting back in

"There is a banquet on Saturday that we have to attend"

"Yeah, I know, I got the invitation"

"I know, it's just that my ex will be there so...."

"So....?"

"Nothing, I just thought you should know"

"Are you s....."

I didn't listen to the rest of her sentence, getting out of the car and slamming the door. Images of that evening started flashing. I didn't need this right now.

I went straight to the master bedroom and striped the top half of my clothes, sitting on the edge of my bed using my palms to try to rub away the images but it wasn't working

Naked bodies......

Ring falling......

The clattering sound it made as it fell out of the box.

It all came back, but then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind and her scent intoxicated me then she whispered in my ear. "I'm sorry, I know what it feels like to deal with crappy ex's" and that's how we stayed, with her comforting me and along the line, we fell asleep with her hands still interlocked in front of my chest.

Needless to say that was the best sleep I had in a while. I woke up a few hours before her, adjustin her to a more comfortable position, so she wouldn't be inconvenienced because of me. I took a few seconds to stare at her beautifully peaceful face and wondered how I could have ever compared her to Kimberly. I vowed to make amends then and there, watching her chest rise and fall even though she said she had already forgiven me.

HEY GUYS, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER 'CAUSE I KNOW I ENJOYED WRITING IT.

HAVE A WONDERFUL REST OF THE WEEK. I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AGAIN OF SUNDAY.

MAY THE FORCE OF AWESOMENESS BE WITH YOU