She almost didn't even notice her ten year old brother coming into the room with a bored expression as usual with bags under his eyes that was also normal considering he had narcolepsy. "Zǎo shang hǎo." he said with no enthusiasm as he sat down on his own chair and began to grab a bowl of rice noodles and put it in front of him.

"Zǎo shang hǎo! Big brother!" the girl waved while grabbing her chopsticks and reaching for every dumpling that was present on the table.

"Slow down, Mei! Wait for your mother to come!" her dad scolded making the girl frown.

"Alright!" Mei obliged and sat still making her dad laugh. Mei didn't understand his amusement.

"Just kidding eat as much as you want!" her dad laughed

"Yay!" the girl cheered as she continued to devour the dumplings without chewing them even. Her brother merely rolled his eyes at their interaction.

"What'd you say?!" her father demanded eyes staring deathly at Chen who rolled his eyes.

"I didn't say anything.."

"Don't go ignoring me!"

"Your still angry about that.."

"Of course I am! You are supposed to inherit the company!"

Her brother slammed his hands onto the table making his sister terrified as some of the food had tipped over. "It's not my path, father!" he yelled making the room go silent.

His father sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "Son, please don't talk about this matter again."

"No! I want to become a well known doctor and help people!"

"We could just pay people to do that, idiot!"

"It's not the same! Fat-ass!"

"Listen son, in this family we can't be doctors or anything else below CEO." her brother only looked away with a glare "You have to understand the power that we have over the world." her brother merely scoffed at their father's lecture.

Soon the tension was really thick in the room that you could hear a pin drop. They were about to continue until they saw Mei's state. They both sighed "Let's talk about this another time."

They both continued eating while Mei only stared blankly at her food. She pushed her food away and dismissed herself from the table and went back to her room where she thought about her future.

She wanted to do something that would make her happy and others happy as well. Inheriting the family business would mean that her father would be happy and so will her brother.

She moved her head to glance at the family picture of them; one tall man and a boy in matching Chinese New Year themed Kung Fu suits and one woman and girl in a matching Chinese New Year themed qipaos. That was the time when the matter of her brother inheriting the business wasn't so big, they were all happy.

In the picture her father was holding in his hands a bunch of red envelopes which had money in them, her mother covered a quarter of her face with a fan while smiling at the camera, her brother held a lantern while she held a basket of mandarin oranges. They were all smiling and laughing at the camera except Chen who was terrified at the lion dancer who appeared behind him while his little sister was light enough to ride on the dragon.

On that day they had the dragon and the lion dance performed at their house on Chinese New Year. It was a wonderful day filled with so many games, gambling, red envelopes, dancing, music and food. She wished her family could've stayed happy and peaceful with each other.