Chapter 10

Firework - Katy Perry

Chapter 10

Word count: 1992

***

It has been a week since Kai and I kissed. Since we semi-talked about it. By that I mean we didn't talk about it.

Kai has been normal since everything happened. He hasn't kissed me since it happened like he said he would. I thought maybe he changed his mind and decided the kiss was something weird between us and that he didn't want it to happen again. A small part of me wished that wasn't the case.

In drama, Kai has been teasing me as usual. The same thing happens every lesson: Kai annoys me, I snap at him and he laughs. Ben and Sadie are begining to get used to the behavior. Whenever I call for Sadie's help, she just laughs and walks away.

Sadie seems to have it drilled into her brain that Kai and I are a 'thing'. I told her about the kiss and all but I never confirmed anything about us dating.

I'm currently working my ass off at the coffee shop. Since our first encounter here, Kai has left me alone. I don't think I could deal with his comments here at work without getting fired. I mean, it would be very entertaining to smash a cupcake in his face but I don't think my manager would see it that way.

Is chucking a cupcake at Kai really worth it?

Totally, my mind immediately answers. Kai's ego needs to be turned down a few notches.

It certainly does. Just because I think like Kai, it doesn't mean I won't laugh at throwing a cupcake at him. Wait...did I just say I liked Kai.

Huh, that's funny, of course, I don't. I don't...like him. I can barely tolerate him. He literally admitted to winding me up on purpose.

But he did take you on a date, a date you kind of enjoyed. Okay, so when he's not annoying the hell out of me, I enjoy spending time with him. I feel comfortable with him but so what? He's still a pain in my ass.

My feelings for him are. . . complicated. That's the best way to explain it. There are moments when I have nice thoughts about him and then there are moments when I want to strangle him and hang his head outside of my window.

And no, I'm not joking.

"Hello?" A voice asks, waving a hand right in my face. I jump back and mentally send a glare to the customer. Who just waves a hand in front of a stranger? Especially when they are deep in thought? "Can I order now?"

I swallow back the rude comment I want to make and give him an apologetic smile. "Sure, what would you like sir?"

After taking the man's order, I think about what I'm going to do later. I'm feeing in a movie mood. When I'm in one of those moods, I will gather all of the chocolate and crisps I can find, buy two bottles of Pepsi and watch a series of films that relate to each other. I'm feeling in a Marvel mood today. Love a marvel film.

"Earth to blondie!" Kai nearly shouts at me. I flinch and send him my meanest stare. Of course, Kai came here. Of course, it was when I was working. If he tries to get me fired, so help me god I'm going to... "Aww, you're making a really cute face. Is that your angry face?"

I clench my jaw and narrow my eyes. This is one of those moments where I don't like Kai. I mean, if he tried to be nice then I would let all of this slide but he's doing it on purpose.

"Kai," I acknowledge with a scowl. "What are you doing here?"

Kai smirks and cockily puts his elbow on the counter. He leans in closer to me, with sparkling eyes. "Can't a guy get a coffee and see his favorite person?"