Chapter 8

A few weeks pass by quickly in the jauregui household and both Lauren and Camila slowly settle into a proper routine. Lauren goes to work while Camila goes to school during the day, and when they're both home, they either go out somewhere or stay in and have a movie night, talking about whoever or whatever.

Camila has to admit she prefers the movie nights as she gets to cuddle Lauren, but she wouldn't ever admit that to the Dom as she knew a mix up of doing both was good for them. Doing the same thing over and over again would get boring pretty quickly, even with the company of the green eyed goddess.

She tended to nap a lot now too, when she gets back from school until Lauren gets home at about four. It's just become a habit for her, rebooting at the end of a long day.

And that's where Lauren finds Camila when she walks through the door after her day at work. Curled up on the couch snuggled underneath a couple of blankets.

She was facing away from the tv that was quietly playing a children's show, most likely having have fallen asleep and after she drops her things to the floor with a light thud, she rounds the couch, smiling slightly when she notices the younger girls thumb placed firmly in her mouth.

Sitting herself down on the edge of the couch, she brushes some air out her face before placing a soft kiss to the corner of her mouth. That action appears to rouse the girl, and when her eyes blearily open and make contact with her own, she sends her a soft smile.

"Hi my love. Did you get sleepy?" She questions softly.

Camila nods tiredly, her eyes dropping closed again. Knowing she wouldn't sleep tonight if she fell back asleep, Lauren places her hands underneath her armpits and hoists her into a sitting position, allowing the girl to lean against her when she falls forwards.

"Don't go back to sleep" she warns carefully, running a soothing hand up and down her back anyway.

Finally pulling her thumb out of her mouth, Camila nods again, slowly sitting up. She looks at Lauren innocently for a few seconds before leaning in, and with yet another smile, Lauren follows her lead and leans in too.

They share a soft kiss before pulling away, and Lauren couldn't help but chuckle when the girl rises to her knees and climbs onto her lap, one leg hanging either side of her thighs.

"Alright snuggle bug. We can cuddle for a few minutes then I have to get dinner started" she murmurs, looping her arms around Camila's petite waist.

Camila rests her head on the woman's shoulder, "okay ma'am. What are we having?" She wonders, a small smile appearing on her face when she feels herself begin to rock gently.

"I'm thinking of making burgers with salad. Does that sound good?"

Tummy grumbling at the very thought, Camila nods, "yes ma'am. That sounds yummy" she admits.

Lauren smiles, "good" she states simply, placing her hands underneath Camila's thighs before rising to her feet. Once upright, she readjusts her grip slightly so her forearms were placed underneath the girls butt before making her way into the kitchen.

Camila pouts slightly when she was set down onto the side, longing to be back in Lauren's arms but when she see's the woman begin to make food, she stops and instead watches on with a small smile.

"How was school?" Lauren asks as she pulls open the fridge door, pulling out everything she would need for what she was planning on making.

Camila crosses her bare legs, "it was good ma'am. I was asked to a party by Dinah at lunch but I said no" she admits, her hands coming up to play with a strand of her hair.

"And why was that?" Wonders Lauren as she heads to sink to wash her hands.

Shrugging, Camila lets out a small sigh, "I just didn't want to go. I'd rather stay in with you where it's quiet" she explains.

Lauren nods, biting back a smile at the young girls words, "well you know you're welcome to go to any social event as long as you warn me about it first right?" She wonders, beginning to prepare the hamburger meat.

"Of course ma'am" Camila says.

"Good. Can you go wash your hands and prepare the salad please?" Lauren asks, washing her hands again before grabbing a pan out of the cupboard, setting it down onto the stove.

Doing as the woman says, Camila makes quick work of preparing the salad. They make small talk as they both work, and soon enough, both were sitting down at the table with their plates in front of them.

It was then Lauren brings up something she'd been meaning to get off of her mind.

"Could you explain to me what your triggers are for when you slip? And how often it happens?"

Camila's eyes widen slightly at the question, and she makes quick work of chewing and swallowing her food before speaking.

"It's never anything big ma'am. As I said before it normally happens when I'm stressed or tired or when I've had a long day at school-"

"Is that why you tend to nap after school? So you don't slip?"

Camila looks down before shrugging slightly, causing Lauren to frown, "Look at me please" she scolds, making sure to keep her voice soft.

Camila immediately whips her head up, her eyes wide with fear.

"Good girl. Now can you answer my question please" Lauren states more than asks, reaching across the table to soothingly take the younger girls hands. She didn't like the tears that were filling them, making them shiny.

"Yes ma'am" Camila says finally as a single tear falls, her voice hoarse. She didn't want Lauren to be mad at her.

Standing up, Lauren rounds the table and crouches down in front of her, "can you do something for me?" She asks, reaching up to gently wipe the tear away.

Camila nods.

"When you get home from school tomorrow, I'd like you to wait up for me okay?"

"But then I'd slip ma'am" Camila states tearfully, not liking where this was going.

Lauren nods, "I know baby, that's the point." She replies, letting out s soft chuckle, "if you don't feel comfortable with showing this part of you to me yet then that's completely fine, I'm not going to make you, but it'd definitely help us get to know each other a little more"

Camila shifts forward in her seat, "I do feel comfortable with you" she whispers.

The green eyed girl smiles, "Then could you please do as I've asked and stay up when you get back from school tomorrow?"

"Yes ma'am" Camila speaks.

"Good girl" Lauren praises, grasping the girl by her waist and easing her into tight hug, smiling when the small girl easily returns the embrace.

**

It's slowly happening!

Next chapter: 200 votes

Tell me what you think!!