I Won't Give Up

He was still singing, so he hadn't noticed me sitting and listening to him. His voice was magical, it painted a picture in your mind of what the words meant to him. I sighed as i listened to his finger gliding across the keys effortlessly. What couldn't he do? He must have finished the song as the melody changed to something that sounded very familiar to me. I walked towards the left hand side of the stage soundlessly, So that i was behind him, and made my way up the steps so we were sharing the stage. Louis was still playing, but now added lyrics.

'When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

There's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?'

The song was by Jason Mraz! That's how i knew it, as it was my favorite at the moment. Louis had come up the the chorus, so i thought that i should join in.

'I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up'

Louis stopped playing and turned to face me. I smiled at him, hoping that i didn't put him off. He smiled and then, no it can't be, He blushed slightly. 

'Please continue to play and sing, I didn't mean to interupt you' He shook his head and slide across the piano stool. Once he was in place, he patted the seat next to him. I looked at him in shock, as i didn't know what to do. I had gotten into the moment and started to sing.

'I'll only continue if you sing with me' A dazzling smile formed on his face and took my breath away. If i did sing with him, then i must concentrate on the song and try not to get dazzled by Louis. This was going to be tough, but worth it. I nodded and then walked to the stool, seeing Louis sigh and move his fingers back to the keys. 

'Four verses each, Shall i start?' I nodded and then heard the beautiful melody.

'When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

There's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?'

'I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up'

'And when you're needing your space

To do some navigating

I'll be here patiently waiting

To see what you find'

''Cause even the stars they burn

Some even fall to the earth

We've got a lot to learn

God knows we're worth it

No, I won't give up'  

We continued through the song until it came to the end, then it was just the echo of the final notes. I looked over at Louis and saw how close he was to me, and this sent my heart beating fast. I wanted to just lean over and kiss him right then and there, but then i heard a voice.  

'Louis, babe are you in here?'  I looked over and saw an attractive girl with Long Brunette hair in a plait that fell down over her shoulder. I looked at her and smiled, and saw her a weak smile in return. She obviously wondered why i was sat at the piano with Louis.   

'Luce what are you doing in here?' He sounded annoyed for some reason. I knew who the girl was after i heard her nickname. This was Louis' exgirlfriend Lucy, One of the most popular girls in the school. I felt a bit of jealousy race through me, but it subsided when she came onto the stage.

' Can you sing with me Lou?' She asked, batting her eyelids like the angel she was trying to be. She cheated on Louis with a guy on the football team and was proud of her actions, and she also got with other guys from other schools. She had a reputation of putting it about, but she also had money to put rumours to rest. Nobody messed with her. 

'Thanks Louis for letting me sing with you' I said, embarrassed. I started to get up, but Louis caught my wrist. A spark ran through my arm and through the rest of my body, making my face heat up. Louis' looked at me with desperation as he didn't want me to leave. Lucy looked me up and down before speaking.  

'Lou, baby you know you want to sing with me. Almost like the time that you wanted me in...' I tried to tune her out, but my head was already filled with images. I tugged against Louis' grip and ran towards the left side stairs, and ran from the theatre. I ran to the exit, tears filling my eyes. That should be me, that should be me singing with him. I would treat him right and never cheat. I would buy him everything that his heart desires as long as he loves me. I ran to the only spot i knew in school that was safe .Up in one of the trees