Chapter 8: Battle on the Grimm Express

For nearly two hours, team RWBY and Jonathan constantly fought Grimm Beowolves that had shown up. While the five of them fought the Grimm, Doctor Oobleck inspected the surrounding plant life and buildings. They didn't mind it at first, but eventually the five students began to get tired. Even Jonathan, who had gone through hours of strenuous Hamon training to become as physically fit as possible, was starting to get a little winded. 

"Excellent work, students!" Oobleck looked up from the plant that he was focused on.

All around JoJo and the girls, Beowolf bodies were dissipating into darkness, and everyone was panting. 

"Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any signs of criminal operations in this sector. Oh well, moving on!" Oobleck said, briskly turning around and marching towards inner part of the ruined city.

"Hey doc, you know I was really looking forward to seeing a professional huntsman in action. Like fighting, or at least helping us fight?" Yang said. 

"Oh but I am in action, scouring the ruins of this once great city for any signs of irregularity," Doctor Oobleck replied, then stopped and turned to look at his student. "Not every mission is filled with daring and heroism, students. Sometimes it's just a heightened form of extermination. Remember, this is a mission, and you all signed up for it. I do hope you understand that."

"Well, yeah. O-of course!" Yang replied.

"Hmm." Oobleck said, though no one seemed to hear.

"Don't worry Yang, maybe we'll be in such life threatening danger that it'll force him to fight with us." Blake said with a smirk. 

"Don't patronize me." Yang glanced over at her. 

"She's partly right, we'll have our chance." Jonathan put a hand on the blonde's shoulder. 

Yang's expression softened, "Thanks, JoJo."

Behind everyone, Blake spread her arms with an expression on her face that said "What the...?"

"Come now, everyone! We still have plenty of work to do!" Oobleck announced. 

"You heard em, let's get to it." Ruby sighed and followed the professor. 

"Might as well." Weiss rolled her eyes.

After JoJo and team RWBY cleared out more and more Grimm, Doctor Oobleck decided to single out all of them and ask them questions. 

As they were clearing out the Beowolves, Oobleck appeared right beside Yang. 

"So tell me Yang, what made you choose this line of work?"

"Huh? Well, to fight monsters and sav-"

"No that is what you do, I want you tell me why you do it. The honest reason as to why you want to become a huntress." he interrupted.

 "The honest reason? I'm a thrill seeker. I wanna travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way, then that's even better. It's a win-win y'know?" she replied. 

"I see." Oobleck replied, then zipped off to bother someone else.

After questioning all of team RWBY and hearing their very different  reasons for being a huntress, the huntsman reached Jonathan. 

JoJo had just punched down several Beowolves with his Hamon when Oobleck appeared directly in front of him. 

"So young Jonathan, why are you here to become a huntsman?" he asked.