-ten-

"A party ?" I said shooting Peter a look as we walked back into school from lunch. His arm was thrown across my shoulders making me walk closer to him than I would've liked, with his arm around me my arm naturally fell to his waist holding it lightly to keep my balance with the tall boy beside me . I wasn't sure short but at 5'3" Peter stood almost a foot taller than me .
His cologne engulfed my body, the smell of cedar wood and mint made me hum in satisfaction.
I would usually sit with Lara Jean and Chris during lunch but in Kavinsky fashion Peter surprised me with In-n-Out so I couldn't say no. 
"So what class do you have now ?" Peter said turning to me .
"I've got Trig next. What about you?" I said matching his gaze .
It was only a second before I turned away, every time we made eye contact I felt his golden eyes were burning through me like he could see the shy girl I was inside and not the person I wanted people to see.
"I've got English Lit with Ms. Belcher. ." Peters class was on the second floor of the main building while mine was on the third of the math building across school.
"You don't have to walk me then, you'll definitely be late trying to get across buildings."
"I don't mind." Peter said with a smile, the warmth of his muscular arm left my shoulder as his hand made its way to mine clasping it firmly . My heart fluttered at the contact . "Rules are rules after all." He finished  .

"Speaking of rules !" I said hiding the annoyance in my voice . "You didn't tell me about going to a party tonight, I'm not prepared I can't go." I hated parties, there were too many people that were always too loud and too drunk. I never drank and didn't care to be around it due to losing my father to alcoholism at 6.
"Come on Winnie." Peter said now pleading with me .
"No. Also who said you could call me Winnie? Only my friends call me that." We were now in front of my class waiting for the last Bell to ring . I insisted Peter head to his class but he refused . His body was now leaned against the orange lockers that spread through the halls.

"I'm your boyfriend so technically I should be able to call you that, plus it fits you much better ." I looked at him in confusion causing him to let a chuckle escape his freckled face .

"I just mean Winter sounds cold and you're not like that at all , you're actually very sweet and fun to be around - your good looks are just a plus." I could now feel my whole face now igniting with embarrassment .
Peter thought I had good looks ? I never thought I was ugly but I didn't think Peter would find me attractive. I'll be honest it felt good to hear but I tried not to think too far into , reminding myself this is all for Gen.

Before I knew it the last Bell had rung and Peter had to leave to get to his class.
Peter stretched his arms out between him and I , motioning me to come toward him. With shaky hands I wrapped my arms around his neck as he engulfed me into a warm hug. I could feel his hands on my waist, his rough calloused lacrosse hands felt on fire on my exposed back. I found myself nuzzling my face into his chest taking in his inviting scent one last time.

"Alright love birds break it up, and you Kavinsky you're going to be late. You don't want to be benched for a game over it do you?" My trig teacher Mr. Ramirez said as he poked his head through the classroom door .

Peter shrugged his shoulders "Eh worth it." As we pulled away to say our goodbye I felt a slight pang in my heart .
"Alright I'll be here before class is over , if not just wait for me k?" Peter said with a smirk, I nodded my head in agreement .
Before leaving Peter placed a small kiss on my cheek. His lips lingered for a bit before he made his way to my ear whispering .
"You're definitely going to that party tonight. I can't wait to see you all dressed up."

Yaaaasss ! Honestly I'm loving how Peter is turning out ugh. 🤤 let me know what you guys think do you like nice Peter or should I make him more aggressive or more jerky? Thanks for reading babes xx