2

Thorin stood outside the door to the banquet hall, waiting for his father. Not a second after Thorin considered going back into the hall, his father walked up, and with him Mivera.

Thorin had to admit, she looked good. She was wearing a deep red dress with long sleeves and silver trim. Her hair was half pulled of her face with a clasp and the rest of her hair was loosely flowing on her shoulders in small waves. She bowed in front of Thorin, then to Thrain,"Thank my Lord." He just smiled and gave her hand to Thorin, then went back the way he came.

Thorin took her hand and gave it a small polite kiss,"You look lovely." She nodded,"You look handsome." He let go of her hand,"Any particular reason why my father brought you out here to me?" She looked down and put her hands behind her back,"Well, I was looking for you."

He kept a neutral face,"You were looking for me? Why?" She shrugged,"I just want to make it clear that I am no more agreeing to this than you are, and I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more kind." His exterior failed him as his furrowed brow showed"Have I not been kind to you?"

She rolled her eyes,"Please, you think I'm oblivious to the glares and sneers you send my way?" He averted her gaze as she continued,"I am no more pleased with this arrangement then you are. You're acting like a child Thorin, pouting over how you didn't get your way. I didn't get my way either! Be angry about it all you want but don't take it out on me."She huffed an angry breath and turned on her heel, walking back to the hall.

Thorin heard snickering behind him and turned around to see Dwalin. Dwalin chuckled,"How does it feel to be put in your place prince?" Thorin didn't answer as Dwalin laughed more."You really shouldn't be angry at her Thorin, after all she doesn't seem to pleased about this either."

Thorin looked at him,"She called me a child." Dwalin desperately tried to contain his grin,"Rightfully so. You have been sulking." Thorin raised his voice,"Can you blame me? I mean I just found out today I have a fiancé!" Dwalin just stayed silent, letting Thorin vent his anger."Just this morning I was pulled out straight from breakfast to my grandfather and told I was to choose a bride, next he calls me again to introduce me to that woman! That woman that dares to speak to me as if we are-", Dwalin interrupted him,"Engaged?" Thorin sunk to the ground with his hands on his knees,"I don't see why I must be married."

Dwalin gave Thorin a hand up and started leading him back to the hall,"I know Thorin, but you must. It's not fair I know, but you need to." Thorin kept looking at the ground as they walked,"It's not even been a day and she hates me." Dwalin smiled to himself,"I'm certain she does not hate you. She's probably just as annoyed as you are with this whole thing."

Thorin looked at Dwalin,"What should I do?" Dwalin answered without hesitation,"At least try to befriend Mivera, it would be beneficial for the both of you to at least get along." Before Thorin could reply to his friends suggestion, they were back in the hall and Dwalin was already off with his drinking pals.

Thorin gazed about the room for Mivera. She was surprisingly hard to find. He asked his father and grandfather if they had seen her, they had not. He asked a good number of the guests, he asked the servants, chef and nearly everyone in the hall. He officially gave up trying to find her and went outside onto the balcony for some fresh air.

He walked out and leaned against the railing letting the breeze cool him off. His ears perked up when he heard someone humming. He turned around and saw Mivera sitting on a stone bench not far off from where he was standing. Her back was to him and she was humming a tune unfamiliar to Thorin.

She was looking up at the stars and leaning back on her hands. Thorin quietly stepped forward,"Finally found you." She nearly fell of the bench,"Mahal, Thorin you scared me!" He couldn't help but chuckle,"Sorry." She moved over so Thorin had room to sit, despite her giving him room their legs were touching.

"You have a habit of sneaking up on people?", she asked. Thorin smirked,"Only when their reactions are as good as yours." She smiled, and Thorin was surprised at the sudden lightness in his stomach. She looked at him curiously,"Why are you out here? Shouldn't the great prince of Erebor be inside with the guests?"

He shrugged nonchalantly,"It was to hot inside, so I came out here to cool down." She nodded and he continued,"Also, I wanted to apologize for my childish behavior. I was hoping that maybe we could start over, become friends at least." Mivera nodded and sneered,"Apology not accepted." He turned to her,"What?" She rolled her eyes,"Oh please, I do not accept forced apologies."

He brow furrowed as she looked at him,"Why do you say I'm forcing it?" She smirked,"Your voice sounded strained." He looked down at her and became irritated,"I spent a good hour inside looking for you to give an apolo-.", she intervened,"-Forced apology." Thorin now felt his face become red hot.

He stood up at turned to her,"You have no right at all to be speaking to me like that." She smirked coyly,"You have no right to speak to me in this manner as well." Thorin had enough at this point. He threw his hands up in the air,"You truly are a wretched woman." She looked at him with equal annoyance and anger,"The rumors I've heard are wrong then."Thorin furrowed his brow,"What rumors." She shrugged,"The ones that say you are a bit stubborn." He looked confused so she grinned smugly and said,"You are not just stubborn, you are also arrogant and thick-headed!"

"Arrogant and thick-headed? If we are listing out faults let me list out yours. You are pretentious, ungrateful, spoiled, and annoying beyond belief!", Thorin retorted. Mivera laughed sarcastically,"Annoying? What are we dwarflings? You need to stop acting like a child Thorin and not be so angry!"

Thorin was now near shouting,"I have just been told that I am to be married! And not to mention the woman marrying me is completely out of line! I never wanted this! I wanted to be able to choose my wife! Why did this have to happen to me?" She raised her voice as well,"I, I, I, me, me, me, stop thinking about yourself! You aren't the only person this arrangement affected!" She huffed one final breath and stormed past him back into the Hall.