Chapter 28

We drove to my place, parking on the lane so I could get a weekend bag. I brought my book, my clothes, and the toiletries I needed. I was dead on my feet after the performance. We then started driving to his place. I awoke to his arms lifting me out of his jeep as he carried me into his house, down the hall, and laid me gently on his bed.

"Mmmmm," I smiled at the soft bed's feel and started settling in.

"Oh no, you don't!" Spencer laughed. He reached down and sat me up, gently maneuvering me as I flopped around like an exhausted rag doll. "You'll keep me up all night if you don't take that jewelry off that tinkles at every move you make!" I felt him start to take all of the jewelry off of me. "Did you bring something to sleep in?"

"MmmHmm," I mumbled, not opening my eyes. He laughed.

He pulled the dress over my head, and I leaned my head against his chest as he removed my bra. He released me to dig through my bag, so I flopped back down on the bed and snuggled back under the covers.

"Lenny, here's your nightgown."

"Mmm."

He gave an amused snort and laughed again, saying, "Well, I won't complain if you want to stay as you are." I vaguely heard him moving around in his room before I felt him slip into the sheets next to me. He pulled me up against him, and I sighed, falling out of all consciousness.

I awoke to the sun streaming through the windows of Spencer's room. I stretched, feeling a little stiff. I hadn't danced that much for quite some time.

"Morning, sunshine. I don't even need to ask if you slept well last night. You were like the dead, not moving once or making a sound." I rolled over to face him, and he reached out to swipe my hair back from my face. I blinked at him, still waking up but couldn't help smiling at the fact that I was with him, in his bed.

"Hey, handsome," I whispered at him.

His smile had me melting a little inside as I looked at his eyes of liquid gold. He really was one of, if not the most handsome man I had ever seen. I just lay there looking at him, admiring him, and thinking about how much he had changed my world.

His questions came back to my mind, the ones that answered my question weeks ago about how one determined if a relationship was serious or not. 'Can you see yourself living without them?' I had to draw in a deep breath when my heart and mind both gave me a resounding 'no,' as I reflected. 'Would it bother you to see them with anyone else?' My heart twinged at the idea of his arms around another. He was always on my mind, and I couldn't stop thinking about him, even when he wasn't with me. I wanted him to know every facet of my life and share in each one of my future. I was a goner and was completely besotted with this wonderful man. I was utterly and hopelessly in love with him.

************

Spencer looked back at Lenny, watching her as she thoughtfully considered him. He watched her gaze intensify as she thought about whatever was running through her mind. She breathed in deep but didn't look away from him. He saw a tiny flicker of her brow like some thought had bothered her briefly before it disappeared. Her lips widened into an almost unconscious smile, a response to another thought.

And then a look so intense and deep molded her features as she looked at him, stealing his breath away. It was the kind of look every man dreamt about having directed their way one day by a woman they loved; it was the look of deep, intense, loving devotion. Like she would follow him anywhere if he asked her to.

He smiled at her, his heart practically bursting with the revelation he could see before him. He reached for her and pulled her up against his chest, her soft curves molding against him. He stroked her hair, which was warm from the sunshine that had soaked into it. His sunshine. Oh, he was dying to tell her everything; he wanted her to know everything about him. He wanted her in his life forever.