Chapter Fifteen

Emma's POV

We finally head out in the Principal  and I saw a dozen of infected coming for us. I know they heard the noise of the horn and pistol. Carter is the one who's holding Matt on the hand while I'm the one who's clearing our path.

After a few meters of running we finally made it. Right now I'm the one who's driving because Carter will looked for Matt and make sure Matt didn't untie the ropes on his hand.

We finally reached Carter's house I opened the door where Carter is and I helped him to get Matt outside the car. I helped him carrying Matt toward the door and I'm the on who opened the door.

After we get inside we head to the laboratory room and we placed Matt on the bed. I tie his two hand to the bed and his foot too.

"Matt! Your going to be okay" I said to Matt who's trying to untie his hand.

I know he can't understand me but I'm keep talking to Matt liked when we were in college. Carter get some example of Matt's blood and he place it on the table. He get another injection and he get some blood on his wrist.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm starting...the experiment" He said then he placed his blood and Matt's blood. He's doing his job while I'm here standing beside him.

"Emma? You're a journalist, right?" He asked then I said Yes.

"Good...go to my room and get my notepad and ballpen on my working desk" He said then I do his command.

I finally head back to the laboratory room while holding his notepad and ballpen.

"What will I do?" I asked with a serious looked.

"Uhh...write what I said" He said.

"Okay" I said then I seat down in one of the stool.

"When you combined the blood of an infected and human infected...you'll see how fast the virus spread throughout your body cells" He said then I write it on his notepad.

"But when you combined the blood infected and another infected's blood...you'll see that the virus a fighting each other...it means that...there's a cure for this virus" He said then he finished looking at microscope.

"What's the next move?" I asked.

"Mmm.I think we need to eat and take a rest" Carter said then touched his wound again.

"Is that alright?" I said.

"Yup...it just a wound and it will never killed me" He said then we head out to the laboratory and we started to eat. After we eat we head to our own bedrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up so early, it's 5;45am. I stand up and I head to the kitchen. I'm drinking right now a glass of water when Carter plop his head behind the curtain of the door.

"Hey..." He said that makes me shocked.

"What...the..." He paused me.

"No bad words!" He said.

"You such..." He paused me in my words then he speak up.

"Alright! That's enough...we have a lot of things we need to do today" He said then he lean on the wall.

"Like what?" I asked then he walked toward to me.

"Mmm...I think...Nothing" He said.

"But...we have a deal! And that deal is to help me...Am I right?" He said then I give him a big smile.