| 021 - Patrol |

~
Don't mine at night
~

Once I am out of the compound, I find myself in the city faster then I had the last time I had snuck out to get out of my own head. I swing around the city with so much easy, feeling more and more at home as I go even as I search for some sign of danger. To no ones surprise it didn't take too long to find some crime and I had gotten out of the compound with a lot of ease, careful of avoiding cameras around the compound, security and Happy who had been walking around talking to someone on the phone.

So far, since I had gotten back to New York City, I had stopped by an apartment building fire that had been near Aunt May's old house which made an all too familiar feeling rise up in my chest but I pushed it back down. May would be happy with me and for me and would be proud of what I'm doing nowadays, I remind myself. After that it seems like the day was going to be more then slow so I decide that I should go back and look around Queens again just to see if anything has happened around there since I had left.

As I go around I see that some locals must have helped rebuild Mr Delar's deli so I quickly stop in and order a sandwich from him. He hands it over to me with a smile across his face and for a second I am hit with a wave of nostalgia at how I would stop in here almost everyday before everything happened.

It also turned out that someone had bought May's old apartment after it had been clearly rebuilt and my heart aches. I peeked into the apartment just to see what was going on with whoever lived there and saw a little girl running around with who I assumed was her father, both of them laughing and smiling. I swung away with my mind on memories that had happened while I lived there and I think about those good times with a smile on my face even as I start swinging sway once again.

My senses suddenly go off when I am a few blocks away from May's apartment and I start to make my way towards the other side of the town in order to stop a car crash. It's not that hard to do but once it's done I see that both cars had small children sitting in the backseats and young adults who were driving. I take a step closer to make sure that everyone was ok but my senses go off again, letting me know that I was wrong on the fact that this was going to be a slow day.

I quickly wave bye to the kids who were in the cars before shooting a couple webs in order to swing in the direction of where my senses were telling me to go. Eventually I end up on top of some building not too far from Queens but far enough to the point where I haven't been to it before. I look around and don't see anybody but my senses seem to be screaming at me that there are people here.

I honestly sense it before it happens which isn't new but I have to dive out of the direction to make sure I am not caught like I had been in the past. I hear Mr Stark come up behind me in his Iron Man suit and it's not hard to tell that hid repulsers are pointed directly at me. So much for him wanting to be civil with me.

"Oh hey, Metal Man, how are you doing?" I ask him with a smile across my face under my mask and as I turn my head to see that Clint and Aunt Nat are standing behind me. The smile on my face melts away as I realize that Uncle Bucky and Mr Steve are also here as if I am some kind of threat to all of humanity which I am pretty sure I'm not. It's totally not like I have helped a lot more people today then they have. "Ok," I mutter as I slowly inch to the other side of the building, knowing that I can make that jump and easily catch myself but the hard part will be getting sway from them all, especially Iron Man since he can fly. "While this meet up seems like a lot of fun, I have places to be so," I start to explain and glance down at the close to empty street which is below.

"We are going to need you to come with us," I hear Iron Man say and look back up at him before signing because they are really still on this. I'm quite literally not looking forwards to beating them up as they have been so nice to me so I do what any teenage SpiderMan would do. I make a run for it.

I drop down into the street bellow and watch as Iron Man quickly makes the dive after me and arrows follow after me as well. They must've known I would've run but they won't catch up to me. I swing around buildings but I can tell that Iron Man is still close behind but isn't close enough to the point where it is worrying me too much. I know that I have though lost the rest of the team as they can't fly like Iron Man or swing through the streets like myself. So I start shooting webs back at him to slow him and hopefully make whim give up without actually causing any real damage.

"Nope," I say as I shoot some webs at him and he raises his hand to aim at me. "Haha, no, I don't enjoy being shot at." I tell him and aim my webs at his hands where the repulsers are and making it almost impossible for him to shoot at me as we move through the city. When I see that he clearly isn't going to stop I shoot a web at his face so he can't follow after me anymore. I hear him curse loudly as he tries to land and a small amused smile appears on my face as I swing away.

After all, I still have work to do around the city and I'm not quite ready to go back to the huge Avengers compound yet.