Truth and a Cure

You looked at Leo... for the first time in your life. You don't know what to do. You just looked at the dragon as he lays nearly lifeless, but smiles.

Y/N: "You can't be dying... Please... This makes no sense your a sacred Gear... Your suppose to be unbeatable.... Why?"

Leo: Ha ha ha... your right I shouldn't be. But i am. Tell my Y/N what did I tell you about magic and over extending it especially with pure magic.

Y/N: "That if you use use a spell for to long or aren't prepared for it... it will harm the user and take part of its body if the spell is held out for to long.... Leo, these aren't regular wounds are they."

He smiles and look at you.

Leo: "Your right. I've had these wounds ever since God turned dragons into sacred gears. At the time I used [Pure magic] to counter act its spell, so i could protect Tiamat and myself... However I didn't realize how much magic i was using and in so doing i nearly ran out of power, some of the magic shield i put around us broke apart, allowing the spell that God created to make it through however small an amount had gone through i don't know. But it did not changing me. Instead it acted like acid and slowly ate away at my scales and bones." He moved his wings and you could see the pain it brought him.. "So when I heard God's call and he needed aid I didn't stop to think twice... I suffered more wounds and my time was cut even shorter. I asked him to heal these wounds with [Pure magic] or to reverse the spell... He was able to stop the magic turning me into a Sacred Gear. However it still acted like acid and slowly ate away at me.... So I only had one choice."

You looked at your right arm and saw the ring on your finger and understood now

Y/N: "You became a sacred Gear, hopping to stop the effects on your body."

He nods.

Leo: "It worked for a time... until my previous two wielders including you used... i started to realize that these wounds were more and more frequent on the more my wielder used me..." 

Y/N: "I was putting strain on your body."

Leo: You couldn't have known Y/N... I was lucky before, because the wounds weren't as bad as now... But being my wielder and since you were fighting against near impossible odds how could I bring this up. That's why i implored you to use your own strength, but i never imagined that you would be so strong so quickly...

You smashed your fist into the earth.

Y/N: "This is all my fault.... I did this to you."

Leo: "Your right... But your not at fault. I knew this was coming. I was hoping for a bit more time is all, but I knew it was only a hopeful wish."

You stood up and looked at his wounds and you tried healing them, but they did nothing... You could see he smiled knowing you would have done something like that.

Y/N:  "There has to be something I can help to help?"

He nods.

Leo: "For a time... I thought it wouldn't have been possible, except I think there is a good chance now. You see, it's only my physical body that was hurt. Not my mind..." He points to his head. "And before you arrived I would have never thought it possible except..."

Y/N: "Except for what... Come on Leo If I can help you let me."

Leo: There is a spell I know of its called [Absorption] this spell allows me to absorb materials into my body and allows materials to become my scales and bones... The only problem was before i needed dragon dragon scales and bone.... I've noticed over the years that the magic had only been effecting my body... So I tired absorbing some materials as strong dragon scales and bones the closet thing possible was certain gems that are no longer are found in this world. They helped for a time... However, nothing can replace the strength and quality of a dragon scale and bone, but many of my kind are sacred gears and the few that are still around... i could never hurt my own or pray to take them on in this condition Bu-"