Flowers (Lan Wangji/Wei Wuxian)

Wei Wuxian was walking down the hallways in the cloud recesses, not caring if he got caught wandering around. Casually he would pass through Quiet Room which is also known as Lan Wangji's room. More often than he should, he would peer in and take a glance at Lan Wangi doing work or reading. Wei Wuxian noticed that the book he was currently reading was about famous flowers which gave Wei Wuxian an idea. And so with a flutter of his clothes, he ran off to find Jiang Chang.

Luckily he was easy to find as he was in the main hall looking at the boats floating out to sea. "Jiang Cheng" Wuxian announced loudly as he swung his arm around him. "Shh! Noise is forbidden, remember?!" Jiang Cheng whispered. "Right, right" Wei Wuxian said putting his hands up in defense. "I need your help" Wei Wuxian said. 

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng made their way to the Library Pavilion and sat down on one of the tables. "You want to give Lan Wangji flowers?" Jiang Cheng asked with a confused expression written on his face. Wei Wuxian nodded as he began scanning the books for a book about flowers. 

When he found one, he put it on the table in front of Jiang Cheng and sat beside him. "I want a flower that would annoy him" Wei Wuxian said flipping a few pages of the book. "I don't think that's a good idea..." Jiang Cheng said. Wei Wuxian looked at him in disappointment. "What? Why?" He pouted.

Jiang Cheng shook his head. "Do you want to get in more trouble?". Wei Wuxian pouted. "Fine, I'll help you pick a flower" Jiang Cheng sighed as he picked up the book and flipped a few pages. 

"How about a Hibiscus flower? It symbolizes the fleeting and beauty of fame or personal glory and is given as a gift for both male and female" Jiang Cheng said reading the text under the flower. 

"That's boring" Wei Wuxian yawned. Jiang Cheng sighed in irritation. "What about a lily then? The flower is considered a good gift for all occasions and is said to help people forget their troubles" Jiang Cheng said. "No" Wei Wuxian said voice filled with boredom.

Jiang Cheng gave Wei Wuxian a bunch of flowers to choose from but Wei Wuxian said "No" or "Boring" constantly. At this point Jiang Cheng just wanted to throw him out the window. "How about you choose then? I'm going to take a break" Jiang Cheng said getting up. "Taking a break from reading about flowers?" Wei Wuxian asked. "No, taking a break from you" Jiang Cheng said as he left the library.

Wei Wuxian sighed. "What would annoy Lan Zhan?" Wei Wuxian thought as he looked at the book again. He flipped a few pages here and there as a certain flower caught his attention. "An Orchid...represents integrity, nobility, and...love" Wei Wuxian thought for a moment as a smirk appeared on his face. "An Orchid it is" Wei Wuxian laughed as he left to get the flowers.

As Wei Wuxian went to go get the flowers he ran into Lan Wangji on the way. "Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian said while hiding the book of flowers behind his back. "Where are you going?" Lan Wangji asked. "And what are you hiding behind your back?" Wei Wuxian looked around. "Lan Zhan! Look, people are painting the walls behind you" Wei Wuxian lied. Lan Wangi didn't even turn back as he was expecting an answer to what he was hiding behind his back. Wei Wuxian noticed this as he knew there was no way that Lan Zhan would let this go.

He slowly took the book from behind him covering the title. "Lan Zhan, you wouldn't want to read this kind of book, its has suggestive content in it" He said while whispering the last part. The tips of Lan Wangji's ears turned red however his face stayed the same neutral face he's always had. 

"Wei Wuxian" Lan Wangji glared as he attempted to grab the book from his hands. Having done this before Wei Wuxian knew it was best to escape before things got serious. "Ah, I'll let you read this book later, right now. I have to do something" Wei Wuxian said as he slipped passed Lan Wangji's gaze and into the courtyard to the market leaving Lan Wangji behind. 

Wei Wuxian made his way to the flower merchant. "Excuse me, Dà gēgē" (A/N: Dà gēgē means big brother in chinese). The man turned to Wei Wuxian and smiled. "Yes?" Wei Wuxian took out the book an showed it in front of him. "Dà gēgē, do you have this type of flower?" Wei Wuxain asked while pointing to the Orchid. "Of course, which color would you like?" The merchant asked. 

Wei Wuxian looked at the flowers in display. "I'll take the red colored one and the purple one" Wei Wuxian said "The red ones will be for Lan Zhan while the purple ones will be Jiang Cheng"  He thought. "Excellent choice, what colored ribbon would you like them wrapped with?" The merchant asked. "Red ribbon" The merchant nodded and handed Wei Wuxian the flowers when he was done. Wei Wuxian thanked him as he paid the man and went back to the cloud recesses. 

He hid the flowers in his bag and made his way to the Orchid Room to look for a brush and some ink. When he found some he wrote "For Lan Zhan" on the red card that was attached to the red Orchid. He looked at the card for a moment and sighed. "Should I really give this to Lan Zhan, I don't want him to hate hate me..." Wei Wuxian thought. With all that thinking he hadn't realized that the ink has dried. "I'll just send these to Jiang Cheng instead" Wei Wuxian covered Lan Zhan's name with ink and wrote Jiang Cheng instead. Sure the layer of ink that read Lan Zhan rose up a bit but he just hoped that he wouldn't notice. Now it's time to deliver them. 

Wei Wuxian made his way over to the quiet room looking for Lan Wangji. Oddly he wasn't there. "That's weird, where'd he go?" Wei Wuxian asked as he turned around landing face first into someone chest. "Oof" Wei Wuxian mumbled as he look up to see it was Lan Wangji. "Lan Zhan! I found you" Wei Wuxian laughed. "Mmn" Lan Wangji responded. 

Lan Wangji moved passed him sitting down in front of the table. Wei Wuxian followed inside as he crouched down and placed his elbows on the table. "Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, I have a present for you" Wei Wuxian said Lan Wangji didn't answer but instead looked at him. Wei Wuxian smiled as he pulled out the purple orchids. "For you" Wei Wuxian said putting them on the table. Lan Wangji just looked at them. "Aren't they nice?" Wei Wuxian asked. "Mmn" Lan Wangji said as he resumed to do his work. "Well while your doing that, I need to find Jiang Cheng" Wei Wuxian said as he got up and left. Lan Wangji watched as Wei Wuxian left and shortly after he got up to looking a vase to store the orchids in. 

Wei Wuxian walked down the hall to see Jiang Cheng back at the dock looking at the boats floating on the water again. "Are you obsessed with boats or something?" Wei Wuxian asked. "No, where did you go anyways?" Jiang Cheng asked. "Picking out flowers, look, I got some for you too" Wei Wuxian said taking out the red Orchids from his bag. "Red? You know that this means right?" Jiang Cheng asked. "Yes, but we're bros so it's fine" Wei Wuxian said as he pushed the flowers towards him. Jiang Cheng sighed. "I'll accept them, thanks" Jiang Cheng thanked as Wei Wuxian smiled. "No problem, oh right. I need to meet up with Wen Ning today, I'll talk to you later" Wei Wuxian said as he left. 

When he left Jiang Cheng looked at the tag that was dangling from the flowers before he understood what was going on. "Time to go give this to the original person" Jiang Cheng said as he made his way to the quiet room to see that Lan Wangji was watering purple orchids. Jiang Cheng knocked on the door catching Lan Wangji's attention. Jiang Cheng entered and sat down politely in front of Lan Wangji. 

"May I help you?" Lan Wangji asked. Jiang Cheng cleared his throat. "I've come to give these to the original person who Wei Wuxian wanted to give these flowers too" Jiang Cheng explained setting the flowers down gently on the table. "And I believe those purple flowers belong to me" Jiang Cheng said while pointing to the purple orchids that were placed in the vase. Jiang Cheng showed him the card and it was true. 

Lan Wangji obliged as he took the flowers out of the vase and gave it to Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng took the flowers as he gave a bow to him once last time before leaving. Lan Wangji who was now looking at the red orchids with the tips of his ears a bit red. "What a waste of time...".