Shipwreck

Life's A Beach:Chapter 4:Shipwreck

I inched down the stairs and the house was filled with the yummy aromas of breakfast. The sizzling and popping of the food on the stove made my stomach howl and I was practically drooling.

"Good morning, Marley." Nelly called out from over the noisy food.

"Morning." I joyfully pranced to her side, still in my pj's with my damp hair hanging down my back from my shower.

Nelly was already dressed in capris and a grey T-shirt. Her slick black hair was wavy and plunging to her waist

"Need help?" I questioned raising my eyebrows.

"A little late, girly." She pointed outside and I spotted Luca with a million grocery bags balanced on his arms walking up the sand path.

My mood immediently smashed. I wanted to help Aunt Nelly, but Luca was stealing my thunder. Why was he so nice...and strong?

"Hey." He greeted as he minced through the door in black swim trunks with a white tank top advertising his tan muscles.

Luca's dirty blonde hair was tousled and messy, but he pulled it off. He tossed the bags onto the counter and ceased in front of me

"I used your car if you don't mind." He admitted and pitched me the keys.

Yes, I do mind. Why couldn't he use his stupid Jeep?

"No, not at all." I lied capturing the toss.

"Are you going to the Kick-Off party tomorrow, Luca?" Aunt Nelly blurted while cracking a few eggs over the pan.

"Uh, yeah I plan on it." He began putting the food away.

"AHEM!" She coughed obviously.

"Oh, right." His ice blue eyes darted over to me. "Do you wanna come, Marley?"

"I don't know anyone." I slumped against the counter grumpily.

"Get to know people, sweetie." Nelly grinned.

"I'll think about it." I sighed. 

I lied. First off, I didn't even know what the "Kick-Off" was exactly. Secondly, I wanted to go. I just didn't want to go with Luca. If I went with him, people would probably think he hung out with losers like me.

Luca didn't hang out with losers like me. That's a fact.

"Keep it in mind." Luca gleamed and twisted back to the fridge.

Ugh, he was tugging on my heartstrings

~~~

After attacking the massive breakfast in silence, I headed upstairs to dress my lazy butt. I tore back the plastic hangers in my room and browsed through Nelly's clothing collection. There were so many clothes that everything still had a tag on it.

One item stuck out and I yanked it off the rack.

I shimmied into tight denim shorts, a green top, and grabbed a brush. I combed out my hair until it dried flat and straight. I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard a booming knock on the door.

"Yes?" I called out while grazing my hand over my heaving chest.

"Let's go to to the boardwalk, I want to show you around." Nelly squealed.

"Alright." I replied sneaking one last glance in the mirror while stepping into my flip flops.

~~~