Jake and Mike (Part Two)

PART II

            Feeling his lips on mine, I felt dizzy. It was a dream come true in every way, but it was also foreign. This kiss was everything I’d dreamed of and more, but something was off. He wasn’t really into it.

            I pulled away and held his face in my hands. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Didn’t you say you liked me?”

            “I do,” I said carefully. “I love you, but this isn’t what I wanted. I wanted you to love me back, not give in to me at the first sign of comfort.” His head lowered; I’d struck a nerve. “What really happened when you got paralyzed?”
            He sniffled and lowered his head to my shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and his body shook with silent tears rolling down his face. He was vulnerable, and I was here for him like the obedient little puppy I’d always been.

            “In Russia, I met a girl. She was pretty, brown hair, green eyes and a cute little button nose.” He took a pause, his breathing hard and shallow. “I asked her out and she said yes. The date went great, so I asked her out for another and eventually we started dating as boyfriend and girlfriend. Everything was going smoothly until one day, while we were out on our anniversary dinner, I found out something about her that I was horrified about; she was already supposed to marry someone else.

            “Her fiancé chose that moment to walk in the door and see us out on a date. He went crazy and attacked me. I knew that I was in the wrong, so I didn’t fight back. After I got to the hospital, the doctors told me that he’d severed my spine and that I would never walk again. Then, I told the police that didn’t want to press charges.”

            His voice shook as he spoke. I could feel his tears through my night shirt. My arms, instinctually, wrapped around his torso, like I used to do when we were kids and he would scream from a nightmare.

            It hurt to hear that he’d dated someone while he was away, but it was his life and I had no right to be jealous. Even though I knew it, my heart was still screaming out in pain.

            I pulled him closer to me; I needed to feel his warmth. I needed to feel his body close to mine. We sat there for a while in the comfort of each other’s arms and reveled in the silence. This was what we’d needed, and I was happy that I could give it to him.

            Just as he’d rested his head on my shoulder, I’d rested mine on top of his. I could smell his scent; he didn’t have the time or the ability to shower and his musky and primal smell hit my nose hard.

            My body was reacting to his natural smell, and I pulled him as close to my body as I could. My nose was in the crook of his neck. His scent was stronger there, and with every beat of his heart, I felt another wave of his intoxicating heat hit me.

            Everything about him spoke to me in ways that I’d never understood or wanted to. All I could understand was that even though he was in pain, I was still selfish enough to be desperate for his love and affection. I didn’t want him dreaming about being some Russian chick, I wanted him to be holding me, making love to me.

            “Jake.”

            “Yeah?”

            “Did…did you fall in love with her?” I needed to know.

            “I thing I was staring to, but I never actually got there.” I know that this sounds horrible, but I felt the best sense of relief that I could in that moment.

            “Jake?”

            “Yeah?”

            “Do you think you could fall for me?” He instantly pulled away and looked down.

            “I don’t know; maybe,” he said honestly. “I can try.” With that, I pressed my lips to his.

            The feel of his lips on mine was delicious. It was every dream come true, and I wanted more. I wanted everything he could ever give me.

            He pulled away again, but this time he looked into my eyes.
            “I’ll try my best to see where this could go, but not tonight please. Too much has happened, and I don’t think I can take it. Can we just sleep?” I nodded.

___________________________________________________________________________

LOOK OUT FOR PART THREE-NEXT WEEK!

XOXO

Stjthan