"You can't deny it. The news helped for successfully launching the paper. It also benefited you. If not for the news you will still be circling around each other. Now look where you are, already gracing Sam's bed and quite happy with it by the looks of things. You should be thanking me not hating me for what I did"

I see his point. The Block News had inauspicious beginning for me but it has been very successful. Lot of water has flown under the bridge after that weekend. Alex will never understand the true reason for my anger and I can't tell him. It's not his fault anyway. People saw what they saw and Alex used it for the news. I guess if he is not going to print more news about me then there is no point in holding a grudge against him.

I concede to his point and collapse on the sofa near him. Luke is already searching through my fridge to get his favourite treat.

"Can you please wash your hands Luke before eating. Then you will have to do your homework. I will call Aunty Alice who will help you out and give you a bath. Is that all right? Mama Alice is not feeling well today."

Alex is all concern. He holds my hand and asks me "What's wrong Alice"

"Oh its nothing just usual woman stuff." I mumble uncomfortably. "Alex you can wait here till I freshen up and call Alice. We can talk later."

"Do you need any help around here"

"Can you please look after Luke till Alice gets here"

By the time I finish my shower Alice is already here helping out with Luke's homework. It's good practice for Alice as she needs to relearn reading and writing herself. Luke is teaching her rather than the other way round. He is mimicking me when teaching Alice. He even has my glasses perched on his nose. He looks very adorable.

As always Alice is very tense around Alex. Alex hasn't moved from his position on the sofa and Alice is sitting on the dinning chair with dinner table in between them. They both relax when I join them. I am so used to her reaction by now that I ignore it and concentrate on Alex.

"Do you want coffee or tea. I don't have the yoghurt drink that you like so much and I know you don't drink bear" I offer him.

"I wouldn't mind tea if you are having some but why don't you sit down and relax while I make the tea for you"

Alice is listening to us and gets up from the chair to make tea. She serves scones and tea to both of us and resumes her child caring duties.

Luke is engrossed in his homework for a change but I know it won't last long. Sam will join us soon. We don't have much time and zero privacy to talk. Telling Alice to go out and take Luke with her at this point will cause more gossip that I don't need. I am forced to continue on with our conversation.

"So if you are not here for a story then why are you here"

"As I said. I am here to meet you, talk to you, to thank you and to renew our friendship if I can. How are you Alice? Tell me the truth. Are you happy, really happy now? Are you doing all right? Is Sam treating you well? Tell me how is it going between you two?" He asks me in a grave voice.

I don't like the serious mood. I also want to avoid giving answer to all his questions. "If you can't print any of it why do you want to know the intimate details" I laughingly ask him.

"Well I am a true reporter. I want to know everything even if I can't print any of it" he replies me with a mock hurt and we both laugh.

The tense situation melts in our laughter. Soon we are chatting up with each other and catching up on what's happening in the block. He adds his own juicy bits to the stories to make it more interesting. Even bar fight that happened a week ago is told with lot of spice added to it.