#12 Margo Meets Avery P1

Have you ever lived through a storm on a Friday Afternoon? You probably have. And so was I at work with an hour before the workday ended. Usually, things are dead when there's a storm. It's almost like nobody comes to work when there's a stormy day even though people do come. For whatever reason, you can't find them. Perhaps it was to get a jump-start on the weekend. It was like that at my original location and hadn't changed at my new location. So, I did what anyone would do and checked Facebook. The first thing I saw was that Sabrina and her boyfriend broke up. Looks like she wasn't moving here anymore. Thank goodness. Although, she did make a post that she would most likely be moving to Phoenix soon. Immediately I made the connection that Phoenix and Scottsdale were essentially the same thing. If Steve, moved to Scottsdale, he'd be close to her. The thought bothered me a lot which led me to immediately go to Avery Peterson's Page. For some reason, I thought she unfriended me. Scrolling through her page, I saw pictures of her boyfriend in the hospital as well as pictures of him recovered. I dug deeper and found something interesting. There were a few pictures of Savannah and Avery at Arizona State. It appeared they were in a band together. She never mentioned anything about being in a band which created questions. Something inside of me wanted to talk to Avery. I Pop opened messenger and I began typing.

"Hey, Avery. Remember me from preschool?"

Oh my gosh, there was no way I could send that. She would think I'm weird. I really wanted to though, but when you hadn't seen someone since preschool, it's always a bad idea to talk to them just like it's a bad idea to hang out with your dead sister's husband. Ok, maybe it wasn't a bad idea after all. What would Savannah do? Send the message of course. Click. She got the message and immediately responded.

"Oh my gosh, Margo! Of course, I remember you. You're Savannah's Sister. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. How is everything going?"

"It's going."

"I know how you feel. Thankfully my boyfriend is still alive. Do you have dinner plans? I haven't seen you in so long."

"No, what did you have in mind?"

"Come to my house. I'm having a dinner party that my boyfriend is hosting. I hate dinner parties and don't really care for his friends, so I'd love to have you there."

She also included the address and according to google maps, it would be an hour's drive. The moment work ended I took off and checked my voicemail during the drive.

"Hey Margo, it's mom. Your dad's out of surgery and is doing fine. Anyways it's been a long day, so we're going to be in bed early when you come home."

Guess I wouldn't have to tell my parents where I would be which I found myself doing a lot ever since I moved back. The drive ended up taking two hours thanks to rush hour traffic. With the storm, a lot of the radio stations were knocked out. The last thing I wanted to do was listen to a classic rock station but that's what I got. Thankfully and unbelievably the two-hour drive went by fast. My car found itself out in the middle of nowhere with houses spread out so far. It felt like a farm. Others car parked where they pleased. Once I found parking, I got out and knocked on the door. Avery answered the door.

"Margo!" Nobody had ever been so excited to see me until now. "Come on in. Dinner will be ready in two minutes." She led me to the living room where several other guys were all hanging. Some sat on couches, whiles others sat on chairs. "Hey everyone. This is Margo, Savannah's Sister."

"Hello Margo" everyone greeted in unison. They even oddly introduced themselves. "Victor" "Harvey" "Bronco" "Lenny" "Donald" "Kevin" "Wiley" "Barack" "Cash" "Hill" "Ron" "Rich."

"And my boyfriend Doug is in the kitchen finishing up."

"You ever go hunting?" asked Wiley.

"Can't say I have." Why did I do this? I should have just gone home after work.

"Dinner is ready!" called out Doug.

It really was amazing how big this house was. Never had I ever been in a three-story house with such a large space. The table was bigger than I was used to. Perfect for Thanksgiving. During my journey to the table, I showed Steve what I was doing through Snapchat. Avery made sure I sat with her at the end. Once we were all seated Doug said grace and we all got in line to get our food which consisted of Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli, Chips, and Lemonade.

"Save room for dessert" called out Doug. "We have Apple Pie and Brownies in the fridge."

All the guys chatted loudly mostly about football. Nothing of which interested me. By the looks of it, Avery could careless about Football as well.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. (which I had to split) It's one of my favorites. Remember to Vote and Comment!

Do you think Margo and Avery could be friends?