The Summer of Firsts Part 3

I closed the door quietly to my bedroom. My white walls radiated the sun and blinded me for only a few moments before I was finally able to adjust. My windows were open and a beautiful sea breeze wound it's way around me, chilling my warm skin and making my hair wrap around my face. I walked to my dressed, crossing my room in 5 large steps. Perched upon the shelf was a picture of me and my best friend lily. It was of the two of us only a few years ago. I had my tan muscular arm perched on the bony pale shoulder of lily. Lily was one of those girls you could easil hate because she could eat basically anything and stay as thin as a stick. Her blonde hair drapped gentle over her arms and shoulders and mixed with my dark brown hair. Her hair was like a sandy wavy beach, gentle, calm, and easy to maintain. Mine on the other hand was like no other. I loved my hair. It's long thick and gorgeous. It shines in the light and falls perfectly around me framing my thin tan face. I used to have braces but got them off the summer before freshman year. I like to keep them white and sparkly. My eyes are blue just like my dads and my brothers but not so intense. My bodys built like a line backer. I'm pure muscle and I want to keep it that way. I've been offered scholarships for basketball and my dad thinks that's great. There's also something I think you should know about me. It's not to easy for me to talk about. Living with this everyday just about kills me and I don't know how I get through it each and everyday. I'm shy. You may think " ohhh no biggie. She's a big girl, she can handle it" but the truth is I can't. I can't live like this any more. It all started when my mom died. I don't know what happened but all of a sudden I just didn't know who I was anymore. I didn't know what to do with myself. Everyday I slowly started to drift away from everyone. Everyone except for lily she held on to me and didn't let go.

This was going to be the summer before my senior year, yes I know I'm 18. My parents started me late in kindergarden. Anyway, lily and I wanted to make this a summer to remember. A summer we' d look back on and say man! That's what I call living. So we decided we were going to make a list. A list of things we wanted to accomplish and stuff we just wanted to do for the hell of it. This summer I was going to find my self. This was going to be he summer that changed my life. This was going to be our summer of firsts.