Chapter 5

The following day , I was home alone as always. I was choosing my dress for the evening. I decided to go with wine dress together with light make up. I made my hair to an elegant curly bun.

And like that, we went to the party. Markus was wearing tuxedo together with Carl. It was pretty boring at first. Everyone was dancing. I was watching a married couple dancing together. It made me want to see my parents like that. As if I've made a small wish, Markus stood in front of me. I looked at him curiously. He bowed and held his hand to me.

,, May I have a dance with a beautiful girl like you? " he said formally which made me blush.

But I grew anxious in an instant.

,, I-I can't, Markus.. I can't dance with my leg like this. " I looked down.

,, You don't have to fear, you can step on my feet. I don't feel pain. " he smiled.

He grabbed my hand and slowly led me to the dancefloor. Everyone was looking at us.

Once he turned to face me, he positioned himself and waited for me to accept. I grabbed one of his hands  and put the other on his shoulder. He put an arm around my waist and clasped my hand with his. I slowly stepped on his shoes.

Then, the slow music started and we started dancing. I was so happy. The way Markus was looking at me with a smile while dancing was so charming. I felt the tears form in corners of my eyes.

,, Are you okay? " he asked, concerned.

,, I'm alright. " I whispered loud enough for him to hear and smiled so widely.

This was my first time dancing and it felt amazing.

,, You look beautiful today. " he said.

I knew that thanks to that, I fell in love with him. While we danced, I could see only him. He was the centre of my attention and I loved him so much I wanted to kiss him and tell him he was mine, forever.

Once the party was over, we headed back to the mansion.

,, That was by far the most boring party I've ever been to, but I gotta say, you two were the biggest highlight I've ever seen. " Carl smiled to himself.

,, It was my first time dancing and it felt so amazing, Carl! Markus is a great dancer! "  I sparkled so much.

I noticed Markus smile bashfully. It was so cute.

We headed to the living room and as Carl and Markus were talking, I noticed a light coming from painting studio. I stopped myself.

,, Did you leave the lights on in the studio? " I asked.

They both looked there.

,, No. No, I'm sure I didn't. " Markus said.

,, Call the police. " Carl said.

Markus called them and we went to check it out slowly. But when the door opened, we were shocked to see who was there. It was Leo.

,, Leo? " I said totally dumbfounded.

,, You don't even know how many people would buy this shit. " he laughed to himself.

,, Markus, get him out of here. " Carl said strictly.

Markus slowly approached him.

,, Look, I've already called the police. They are on their way. You should go before they arrive. " he said calmly.

Leo got mad and started to push Markus. Carl tried to tear Leo off Markus, but Leo pushed his wheelchair to me. I caught the wheelchair with Carl just in time.

,, Markus, don't defend yourself. " said Carl.

I couldn't stand Markus being pushed like this so I approached Leo and pushed him away from Markus.

,, Get out of here! " I shouted angrily.

He slapped me which made me stumble and fall on my knees. The blood started to drip from my nose. It really stang. I looked at Carl who was holding his heart. I quickly approached him but I was too late. He collapsed on the ground.

,, Carl! " I yelled.

Leo and Markus looked my direction and stared in shock. Markus was the first one to react. He ran to my side.

,, Dad! No, please Carl... Please.. Don't... Don't leave.. " he started to cry, I started to cry as well.

,, Remember, Markus. Don't let anyone tell you who to be. People hate everyone who is different. " said Carl as he peered to Markus' eyes.

He then looked at me as I gripped his hand while Markus was supporting his head.

,, Aly, my dear. Take care of Markus, you're the only one he has now. He needs you to help him get on the right path. " he said as he was giving his last breath.

,, No, Carl, please! " I started to cry uncontrollably.

And like this, he left to the better place. I could even hear my heart break, it was unbearable.

After that, the police barged in. Markus stood up slowly with teary face. I stoop up, too.

,, It's android's fault! " Leo pointed at Markus.

I got so shocked. They readied the gun at Markus. I quickly stepped in front of him.

,, No wai-. " but I was interrupted by gunshots that were directed to my shoulder and bottom stomach.

I fell on the ground while bleeding heavily. I didn't see much after that. The pain was too unbearable. I know that Markus came to my field of vision.

,, Shit! You shot Anderson's daughter! " yelled one officer.

,, F*ck! What do we do!? " panicked other one.

After that, they shot Markus as well. I was crying so much, either out of physical or mental pain. I couldn't even stop crying, everything was too real and I couldn't black out as I wished I could. In that moment I just wanted to die, this was a horror, a nightmare. I was shivering and getting weaker by every minute passing by. They were driving us to the junkyard.

Once we've arrived, they just threw us there as if we were things and then they just ran away. I was laying on my back. My dress was drenched from the pouring rain which made me feel coldness one thousand times more.

I looked to my left. Markus was laying there with no movement. Was he really dead? Was this really my end?

I fainted due to shock , but woke up to someone shaking with me and slapping my cheeks. I slowly opened my eyes even if it was really hard. I saw Markus above me with crying face. He hugged me to his chest. I couldn't hear much due to loudness of the rain and agonic screams of androids.

,, You have to stand up... Just this once so we get out of here. " he said as he lifted me and supported my body.

By every movement we did, I felt wave of blood escaping from my body. After all this process, I just remember being put on the ground. But it wasn't ground full of shut down androids, it was a soil ground. Looked like Markus got us both up. When I looked to the side hazily, I saw Markus looking like a new person. He looked so much alive. The look he was giving me was full of sadness, regret and remorse. I noticed that he had different eye colour. One eye was green and the other blue. It looked really beautiful, he looked so handsome.

After that I fell into the darkness.