19

"Oh Y/n, you're awake." Jungkook says holding a lit cigarette in between his fingers. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What're you doing?" I ask again utterly confused. "Just needed to smoke." He said before taking another puff of the cigarette. "Can I have that?" I ask referring to the cigarette. "Sure knock yourself out." He says holding it towards me. I take it, put it out, then throw it out the window. "Why'd you do that?" He asks, shocked from my action. "Smoking is bad for you." I say gently patting/slapping his face. "I thought you were fine with those kind of things." He says confused.

"No smoking is no good there's a huge difference and it's just that smoking has me really uneasy. I don't wanna talk about it." I say looking down. There was a moment of silence. "Ok then I'll stop." He said. I looked at him, surprised by his words. "You will?" I ask with bright eyes. "Yes. For you." He replies looking at me, his eyes shining in the moonlight. He leans in making our lips touch for a short second. Suddenly I thought of something I've been meaning to ask. "Jungkook, that one room downstairs. What's wrong with it?" "Oh... that room. It's... I don't like it." He says shyly.

"Ah ok." I said looking back down at the floor. "When I was 6 I had a tutor. They were, if I remember correctly, my aunt on my dads side. Usually when you think tutor you think of like someone to guide you through learning. But she... she didn't teach me what teachers usually do. My father probably just wanted her to teach me about it cause he was too busy to. She taught me discipline. So everyday she would take me down to that room and make me read if I didn't turn the page signaling I was done reading in a given time, she'd hit me."

"The first day was so traumatic for me. Usually when I went down there I'd do some coloring books or just read a picture book voluntarily. She made me read encyclopedias on top of articles on top of psychological novels. And math if I didn't answer in time... it'd hurt. Eventually I grew accustomed to the pain and tried to avoid it as much as possible. One day I managed to not get hit. And from that day on I managed to not get hit. But I still don't like that room." He finishes. I wrap my arms around his neck and hold him close.

"I'm sorry kookie." I said, tears streaming down my eyes. "Huh why are you crying?" He asks pulling me back. "Don't cry it's not your fault." He says wiping away my tears. He held me against his chest until I calm down. I look up at him, "Kookie I'm sorry if I ever hurt you." "Don't say that. I know you'll never hurt me." He says, holding me tighter than before. "Well I think we should sleep now." I say grabbing his hand leading him back to the bed. We crawl into bed together. We cuddle with each other as we fall asleep.

Jungkook POV

"Kook-ah" I turn around to find where the familiar voice is coming from. "Yes?" I answer confused. "Kook-ah it's me." The voice says. I turn around once more and see a familiar face I miss dearly. "Grandpa!" I say running to him. "How have you been?" He asks as we hug. "I've been good." I respond. "I see you've met a girl." He says with a smile making his eyes crinkle. "Oh yeah I did." I say trying to hide my smile. "I like her. Don't lose her. Ok?" He says patting my back. I nod. "It's time for me to go now" He says putting a hand on my shoulder. "No no. Not yet please!" I yell out as he fades into the distance.

My eyes shoot open and I abruptly sit up in the bed. I look to my side to see Y/n sleeping peacefully. Through the red curtains there was a brightness coming from outside. I quietly get out of bed and tiptoe to the bathroom to take a shower. I step inside feeling the fresh water on my skin. Grandpa said he likes Y/n. I miss grandpa, so much. I finish up my shower and change into a white shirt with sweatpants. Going downstairs I decide to make Y/n and I some breakfast.

Y/n POV

My eyes slowly open to reveal an empty room. I slowly start to look around, soon realizing Jungkook isn't beside me. I lay my head into my pillow for a few more seconds before rubbing my eyes and getting out of the bed. I go over to Jungkooks clothes and steal a sweatshirt. Heading out the room I smell something great and rush to get downstairs.