"Allegra, we've been meaning to talk to you." He stated as he lifted his chin.

"I'm all ears." I said, looking down at my arm as I pressed the needle into the wound, creating the first stitch.

"The yearly ball is coming up soon." My father stated cautiously. I could tell he was treading carefully, picking his words strategically in an attempt to not piss me off.

Yet he was failing miserably.

The fucking yearly ball, I thought to myself. I enjoyed the mafia life, but hated the formalities. Every year, the leader of the Mexican Mafia threw a stupid ball as a way to bring together every crime family in the world.

Ridiculous, I know.

And every year, it was a "peaceful" environment to talk business and create alliances. It was like a Met Gala for fucking criminals.

"Mhmmm." I hummed as I created the second stitch, still not looking up.

"It's next week... and—" He said awkwardly.

"I get it. Don't kill anyone there." I said quickly, annoyance dripping off my words as I created the fourth stitch.

"I'm serious, Allegra. We cannot cause any trouble with the Mexican Mafia. If you overstep your boundaries again, I cannot save you. Our partnership with him almost ended because of what happened last year." My father said sternly as he stared at me.

"He fucking started it." I mumbled as I looked up at him for a moment.

My quick fingers finished up the sixth stitch on my arm, and I cut the excess thread away. I sighed as I stood up and stared at my parents with narrowed eyes.

I knew exactly what he was referring to. Last year, Ace and I... had a little altercation. And by "little altercation," I mean we were trying to kill each other... again. Eventually our little quarrel destroyed all of the decorations, tables, chairs, and anything else you could think of. It was absolute chaos.

"I promise I'll keep the peace. Besides, the ball is a time for prosperity and joy among murders and gangsters, right?" I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"Your sister will also be attending." My mother spoke out with a tight-lipped smile.

"Sister?" I hissed out angrily. "I have no sister." I said coldly as I crossed my arms.

"Allegra, it's been over a year. Everyone makes mistakes and I'm sure Victoria—" She said quickly.

"Doing something intentionally is no mistake, mother." I growled, cutting her off.

I had one sister, who was a complete disgrace to this family. Victoria never took her training seriously, had no values, and didn't know a thing about fucking loyalty. She never wanted a life in the Mafia yet used our money and power to get whatever she wanted. She moved to LA to pursue a career as an underwear model, leaving me to inherit the family business.

"She's coming with her... boyfriend. They will be here tomorrow, so please control yourself." My mother said cautiously as her eyes widened slightly.

"I thought he knew better than to show his face around here." I snorted. "You better tell that sad excuse of a sister that if she even looks at me the wrong way, I will not hesitate to snap her neck." I said seriously as I stared at my mother.

I heard my father let out a string of profanities under his breath as I walked away laughing, slamming the door behind me, causing the walls to shake.

After a fifteen minute walk to my room, I swung the doors open to my sanctuary. My room was mainly black, with red and white accents throughout. I stepped into the bathroom, and started the shower.

It was a large walk-in shower with waterfall shower heads covering the entire ceiling within it. There was a bench to sit down in the corner away from the water that was lightly decorated with a vase, my shampoo, conditioner, soaps, and some flowers in a glass container. Probably the only girly thing in my entire room.

I opened a drawer in my vanity and pulled out a waterproof wrap. I gently wrapped my arm, careful not to pull on my new stitches, and stepped in the shower. I tilted my head back and sighed.

I lathered my hair with shampoo, enjoying the lavender scent. My shoulders relaxed as I closed my eyes, letting the hot water wash away the dried blood that adorned my skin.

My eyes shot open when I heard faint footstep come from my room. Remaining calm, I continued to lather my hair, listening as the steps got closer.

I looked in the reflection of the glass wall to see my bathroom door slowly start to move, with the tip of a silencer sticking out of the opening.

I waited for the door to open further to reveal a very large arm dressed in all black. From the looks of it, a very large and muscular man was attempting to sneakily step into the bathroom.

Not today, motherfucker.

I quickly reached into the vase, pushed aside the flowers and grabbed my emergency glock. I always made sure to keep a weapon near me at all times and had different guns and knives planted throughout the house.

I quickly hit the shower door with my elbow, opening it before I shot him in the forearm. A deep scream filled the bathroom as he immediately dropped his weapon.

With shampoo still in my hair, I ran out of the shower and kicked the door open to my room. The assailant was attempting to run towards my balcony when I shot both of his kneecaps.

I walked over to him as he fell to the floor, gripping one of his knees while he let out an agonizing scream. At this point, our useless security finally became aware that there was an intruder. I sighed as I heard their thundering footsteps approach my door before it swung open, revealing two guards with their guns drawn.

"A little late, dontcha think?" I said sarcastically as I looked at the man on my bedroom floor before turning around to face them.

Their mouths flew open, eyeing my wet naked body. I rolled my eyes before I shot one in the right shoulder and the other in the left.

"Next time, do your job properly." I stated seriously as I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom. I grabbed a silky black robe and quickly tied it around my body before waking back into my bedroom.

"Yes... S-sorry, ma'am." They both gasped while gripping their now bleeding shoulders.

I walked over to the still screaming intruder and stomped on his head, knocking him out instantly. I ripped off his ski mask and clenched my jaw as I laid my eyes upon the hideous man who tried to take my life. He was older, too pale to be an Italian or Mexican. Probably an assassin of some sort, and obviously not a good one to have his face covered in scars.

Colorful tattoos covered part of his face and neck. I ripped off his shirt, examining the ink that adorned his skin. He was muscular, and by muscular, I mean enormous. He was at least 6'4 or 6'5, and looked as if he was on a steady diet of steroids since he was a teenager. My eyes scanned his tattoos until my eyes wandered to a familiar marking on his chest.

My jaw clenched as I examined the familiar brand in the center of his chest.

"Inform my parents about this situation. Take this fucker to the basement and make sure he doesn't die." I said to the bleeding guards. They nodded and immediately started to drag the unconscious body out of my room with their good arms.

"Oh, and get someone to clean up this shit too." I yelled out, waving my hand at the fresh blood that now decorated my floor.