01.

Baton Rouge , Louisiana
10 : 37 AM
Ayanna Watson

" All you wanna do is be coped up in this house like a damn weirdo Ayanna

" All you wanna do is be coped up in this house like a damn weirdo Ayanna. You need to take your ass outside."  My cousin Jamar shouted at me as we stood in the kitchen with my mom who was cooking.

As usual I rolled my eyes at his comments. The hell did he expect ? I've only been living here two damn weeks and I didn't know nobody ? My mom moved us down here due to my Aunt Amilia being sick and she had to become her care taker.

" Jamar who the hell do I know here ? " I shot back at him leaning against the counter making a unpleasant face at him.

" You act like I don't invite you anywhere. I told you about the kickbacks and the parties. But nah you always saying ' no ' ."  He chuckled starting to wash his hands in the sink as I made my way around the island to go sit down at the table.

" You know how shy your cousin is." My mom chimed in letting out a small chuckle as she went back to scrambling the eggs she was making us.

I wasn't the most social person. Even back in California I was homebody. Just me , my school work , and my music. I graduated now though , so I got a lot of free time on my hands.

Jamar was one of my favorite cousins , one of the only ones I got along with even though he could be somewhat of a nag.

" So if I go out with you will you let me be and leave me alone ? " I asked leaned against the table while facing towards him watching his little smile creep into his face.

" Nah but you still coming. Tonight it's a little party a few blocks away. It starts at 9 , you need to be ready before that cause I gotta go pick up some stuff."  He explained before paying his attention back down on his phone.

" Whose party is this anyways ? " I asserted before running  my fingers through my straight hair.

" Don't worry about all that , just know I got chu and we going." He chuckled looking up at me and smiled before sliding his phone into his back pocket and made his way over to my mom  kissing her cheek.

I smacked my lips at his comment and watched as she shut the fire off.

" You not staying for breakfast Mar' ? " She asked looking up at him as he made his way over to me giving me hug.

" I wish auntie , but I gotta go check up on a few things back at the house I'll be back by later to get Yanna." He spoke to her explaining himself as she slowly nodded her head in understanding.

" Just text me when your on your." I got up from the chair I was sitting as I began to walk him to the front door.

" Please dress appropriately Yanna , ion wanna have to put my hands on nobody." He sighed as he stepped out of the door frame causing me to laugh.