1

Hello, I am currently rewriting and editing chapters as I wrote this when I was 13, back in 2014 and I find most of it cringey. I hope you enjoy x

________________________________________________________________________________

Iris' POV

I was sitting in a field, Frank Iero besides me, fingers interlocked. His hazel eyes glistening with happiness, a smile curling at his lips. I held the eye contact, enjoying the gaze of his eyes, knowing he too was happy to be besides me. I couldn't be happier – nothing could ruin this moment.

"Y'know, Iris." Frank starts, his handing reaching to my face, cupping my chin with his hand. "You truly are-"

Crash!

"Sorry?" I say, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You truly ar-"

Another crash.

I opened my eyes, light flooding into my room from the windows causing me to squint. I yawned, stretching my arms above my head. I scanned my room, trying to locate where the sound was coming from.

Crash.

A growl left my lips, I peeled back my black blankets and removed myself from my bed. My bare feet pressed against the cold wooden floor, sending a shiver running up my spine. I turned my eyes to my cabinet, taking note of the time – 4:34AM. I roll my eyes. The more I thought about the rude awakening, the more it seemed that the banging and rummaging noises became more frequent, and further irritating than before.

A frown plastered my face as I opened the door to my room. My feet took the lead as I found myself stalking down the hallway to my brother's room.

'NO ENTRY' scribbled across the white door, dollar store police tape hanging off of it. I opened the door. I then saw, in the far right corner of the room, my little brother moving his cabinets around the room.

"What the-" I cut myself off. "What are you doing?!"

His head snaps to me and his blue eyes scan me.

"Moving the cabinets, what does it look like?" He huffs, leaning his back against one and begins pushing again.

"No, I gathered that much, Nate! I mean why  are you doing this! It's 4 in the morning." I noticed he'd rearranged most of his furniture at this point, the room was different. He ignores me, still pushing the cabinet, his pale face turning red. "Did mom offer you money again? You know she never gives it you-"

"No, actually, Jace is coming over for a sleep over so i decided to re-arrange my room." He protests.

I let out a light sigh.

"At four o'clock in the morning?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Well, no. Bu-"

"Yeah, exactly. You could've waited till later and just asked me for help.." I trail off, seeing him struggle to move the cabinet.

"Haven't you got an art project to do, or Add182 to listen to?" He groans as he finally got the wardrobe into the desired place.

I heard footsteps coming up from down the hall, knowing already it was my mom.

"Firstly, it's Sum41 and Blink182, and secondly all my Art Projects are completed along with my English ones so no. Thirdly, I can't get to sleep because someone woke me up at 4 o'clock in the morning moving furniture around for their friend!" I protest. "So, no I do not have anything to do, thank you very much for asking, though. Very considerate."

"Could you help me move this?" He asked innocently, gesturing his hands to the bed I just sat upon. I sigh shaking my head. "Ah, please Iris! Pretty please." he starts batting his eyelashes at me, doing puppy dog eyes to add to the 'cuteness'. "No Nate. No! Your bedroom, you do it. You woke me up so I'm not doing it."

A frown crawled onto his face.

If there is one thing I dislike, that is my brother being upset. He may be the most irritating little shit on the planet, but he is my brother and I love him.

"Ugh, Fine!" I gave in, throwing my hands in the air and standing up from his messy bed.

My mom poked her head from around the doorframe, wrapping her dressing gown around her.

"Iris!" She grins. "How lovely of you to help your brother move his things in his room." I nod slightly. "Now, me and your Father-"

"Stepfather, Mom. STEPFather. Never forget the Step. My Real Dad is not Mark. My Real Dad is somewhere in the real world." I looked at her. "Hopefully with a good music taste." I muttered.

As you could tell, I was not really a fan of my mom getting married to a man who couldn't stand me, let alone me stand him. My Real Dad however, I had never met. I had no clue who he was, where he was, or even what he did for a living – he could be dead, or in prison for all I knew. I had never even seen a photo of him. I just knew he walked out on my mother when I was born. Mom had some grudge against him, never allowing me to see him and dismissed the conversation, or so much a mention of his name. She also had a thing about me listening to My Chemical Romance, which was weird – well, no. It wasn't really weird, she has a problem with all my music but My Chemical Romance was the main-

"Yes, Darlin', Me and your... Stepfather will be going out today. So, just watch over your brother and Jace for us, please. and Don't get in any trouble at all. I don't want the house burning down or something." She replied. I nod again.

"So, when will you be back?" I ask, leaning my back on Nathan's door frame.

"I don't know-" I cut her off.

"Tonight? Tomorrow Morning? Tomorrow night?" I quiz, gradually becoming more and more annoying each and every time.

"Iris-"

"The Morning after that? Next week, Maybe? Or next month?" I continue.

"Iris-Raine Way, Stop!" She yells. I stumble backwards.

"Wow what?" I exclaim. "What did you say?"

"Iris-Raine McKay. That's your name." She sighs.

"No, you said Iris-Raine Way." I protest.

"I said Iris-Raine McKay! I know what I said!" She growls.

"You said Way, Mom." I mutter.

"Young Lady!" She exclaims. "I never said Way, and you know very well that your surname is McKay! I know of nobody with the last name Way, quit it!"

"Yes, yes you do! Mikey Way. My Chemical Romance's Bassist. Gerard Way. The Vocalist." I chirp.

She cringes when I say Gerard. I look at her confused.

"Look, Honey. Go to you room, dye your hair, get your lip pierced! I do not care! Just do not, and I mean do not, bring up that surname in this household, not under my roof, and not while you're still living here!" She says sternly, pointing a long finger at me, a long-spiked nail pointed at the end, covered with a hot pink coat. I gulp.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I whispered and walked to my door, Mom glaring at me from behind.

I open the door quickly and enter, locking it behind me.

Why did she say Way? Why was she cringing at the name Gerard? What do I not know here? Am I really Iris-Raine McKay? Of course, you are, stupid! There's not a cat's chance in hell you are either Gerard or Mikey's kid. Face it. You are just another average fangirl, who has a major crush on the guitarist Frank Iero. Nothing more.

I grabbed my laptop and signed in. I clicked on the Internet icon, loading up YouTube. I clicked upon 'Vampires will never hurt you', Gerard's voice draining out the thoughts. I sighed.

"Oh Frankie, What would you do..." I trailed off, gazing upon my poster of him on my wall.