♡Loving You|Part Five♡

Ayla stood there, wide eyed. She looked at Michael, then back at you. Her mouth was slightly agape as she held her shopping bags. She shook her head and set the bags down on the floor.

"What's going on?" she asked. "And why is he here?" she gestured to Michael. "Do the two of you know each other?"

"No," you spoke before Michael raised an eyebrow at you. "I mean...not really,"

"Mom," Ayla stared at you. "The truth. Please,"

You stayed silent, not knowing where to begin. You had been keeping her father's identity a secret for eighteen years, and that's a lot of time to keep something from someone.

Michael was practically a stranger in her life now.

"Are you going to tell her? Or shall I?" Michael kept his eyes on you.

"Tell me what?" Ayla prodded. "Mom!" she exclaimed. "Tell me what's going on!"

"He's your father!" you yelled, letting your eyes tear up. You heard Ayla gasp as you looked away. You couldn't bear to look at her.

"What?" she whispered. "But...you said my father died...in a plane crash,"

"I lied," the tears ran down your face. "Michael...is your father,"

Ayla looked at Michael, her eyes beginning to tear up as well. She studied the man, staying rooted in her spot.

"You're my father...." she trailed off.

"Yes," Michael took a step toward Ayla, but she quickly backed away. "Ayla," he said her name for the first time, and you had to admit - it sounded beautiful when he said it. "Please, I know that this is a lot for you to-"

"You're my father!" Ayla began to sob. "And for eighteen years, you didn't bother to find me?!" she threw her hands in the air. "To find out how I was?! How mom was?!"

"I tried!" Michael defended. "I really did. But your mother was better off without me," he brought his fingers to pinch the bridge of his nose. "And so were you,"

"I can't believe this," Ayla brought her hand to rest on her forehead. "My own father....and all this time..." she shook her head in complete disbelief.

You stood there, crying silently. When you looked up, you saw Ayla's expression - and it made your heart break. You knew that it was all so overwhelming.

"Mom..." Ayla trailed off, making her way up to you. "Why did you keep this from me?" she searched your eyes for an answer.

"I didn't want to complicate things," you mumbled. "Your father and I...we had a troubled past together....and when I left that evening - I never thought I'd see him again," you inhaled deeply.

Ayla stared at you for a long moment before turning to look at Michael. You could tell that she had so many questions, but the words just weren't leaving her mouth. Suddenly, you saw her form grow weak before she collapsed onto the carpeted floor.

☆~~~~☆

You and Michael had taken Ayla to the hospital after she collapsed - and at present moment, the two of you were seated beside her bed. She was still unconscious, and the doctor was yet to arrive with her health results.

You rubbed the back of your daughter's hand as Michael let out a sigh. You felt horrible.

"I'm sorry," Michael whispered, making you turn your head to look at him. For a brief minute, you allowed yourself to get lost in his deep, brown eyes. To you, he was still the most handsome man on the face of the earth, and you could tell that he thought the world of you. But for eighteen years, you had practically been living a lie - and it was far from easy to forget.

"I'm sorry too," you whispered before the door opened, revealing a male doctor.

"Good afternoon, Mr. And Mrs. Jackson," he smiled, making your heart skip a beat. You had forgotten that you and Michael were still married. "I'm Dr. Peterson," he introduced himself.

"Good afternoon," Michael nodded in acknowledgement as you looked at your daughter.

"Ayla is just fine. Her stress level is quite high, and that's what caused her to collapse," he explained. "But aside from that, she's completely fine. I'll prescribe some medication, and once she wakes up - you'll be free to go,"

You smiled and thanked the doctor before he walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. For several long minutes, the entire room was silent. You continued to rub the back of Ayla's hand before Michael cleared his throat.

"(Y/N)," he said, making you turn your head to look at him. He stared at you before moving forward to kiss you. Feeling the sudden contact, you gasped a bit when he pulled away.

"What the hell?" you tried to keep your voice down to a whisper.

"I love you," he breathed. "And I never stopped. I love you, and I love Ayla," he shook his head. "And we can finally be together, as one...complete family,"

You laughed a little at Michael's optimism.

"It's not that easy," you remarked.

"Why not?" Ayla's voice suddenly made you turn your head to look at her.

"Ayla," you broke into a wide smile as she sat up.

"Why not?" she quizzed again. "Why can't we be a family together? You love dad, and he loves us - what more do we need?"

You stared at your daughter, and you knew that Michael was grinning.

"That's my girl," he whispered before you turned back to face him. At that moment, you felt loved - you felt at home. Things were finally coming together, and you were going to cherish every moment.

"I love you,"

~•♡•~
I know it sucked!
But lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~•♡•~