Chapter 18: Real Love

"Yes.. no, I understand.. yeah no hard feelings.. alright, yeah, see you later, bye." Harvey hangs up the phone.

"So I can't see Skylynn anymore?" I ask him.

"No.. not for awhile. They think you came over there only to see Hayes." Harvey explains.

"I never did that, you know that, right? You know I wouldn't do that, right?" I ask Harvey.

"Of course, Alex." He sits next to me. "I know you took good care of Skylynn, I know you care about her."

"I can't believe they would think that of me. I would never neglect Skylynn like that." I say.

"I know, they're just looking out for their daughter."

"And what do I do about Ezra?" I ask.

"What happened with Ezra?" He asks.

"Nothing.. nevermind." I say, shaking my head

"He forced himself on her." I hear Hayes' voice behind me. I turn and see him in my room doorway. "He forced her up against the wall and kissed her and touched h-"

"Hayes!" I scold him, but Harvey has already caught on.

"Alex, why didn't you tell me about this?" Harvey asks.

"I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, he was angry.."

"You aren't protecting him are you?" Hayes asks. "Alex what he did was basically rape! I'm glad I got there in time or I don't know what could have happened."

"We have to tell mom, we have to go to the police." Harvey says.

"So they can do what? He's 15, and it wasn't even sexual, he can't be convicted of anything! Why can't we just leave it alone! I'm done talking about it!" I yell.

They are both silent. "I'm still telling mom, Alex. She needs to know." Harvey tells me.

"So she can just never let me near a boy again? Thank you very much Harvey, good to know you're always watching out for me." I say sarcastically.

"Don't be mad at him, Alex, he's doing it because he wants you to be safe." Hayes says. "But Harvey, I really don't think we need to worry about Ezra anymore."

"I don't care, mom needs to know and so nothing happens again, you're my little sister, I'm gonna do whatever I can to protect you." Harvey says to me.

"Do whatever you want." I turn away from him.

He sighs and leaves.

"He's only trying to help." Hayes says.

"I don't need any help!" I snap.

"Why are you mad, Alex?" He asks.

"Because of you!" I yell. "You just had to come into my life with your big blue eyes, and adorable smile, and amazing personality and screw everything up!"

That was a very bad insult.

He laughs and sits next to me. "Hey, you're the one who had to come into my house, with your beautiful hazel eyes and perfect hair and cute laugh.." He wraps his arms around me. "You messed me up."

"Then just leave." I say harshly.

"See I can't do that, Alex."

"Why is that?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Because I'm in love with you." Hayes kisses my neck. "And I won't just walk away from that. I can't."

I sigh. "I love you too." I reply. "But I'm not allowed at your house anymore."

"I know." He says. "That means i'll just be here more often."

"What if you get in trouble?" I ask him.

"I don't care, you're worth it." He says, snuggling into me.

I laugh. "You're stupid."

___________________

"Why are you moping? I don't think you understand how lucky you are, Alex." Jen says, turning on her flat screen TV.

Jen invited me to her castle- sorry, "house" but it's hard to call it that when it's bigger than our school.

"I really like Skylynn and Nash and now I'm banned from their house." I say, sitting on her bed.

"But you're dating Hayes Grier. Are you seriously complaining about not having enough Grier in your life?" Jen asks me. "You should be happy with just one."

"I am, I love Hayes-"

"And so does he, a lot, because he announced it in front of his and our school. Boy got balls, but you would already know that." She says, doing an eyebrow dance.

"You're gross." I say to her.

"You're telling me you haven't-"

"NO! NO I HAVE NOT SEEN HIS BUSINESS BECAUSE WE ARE BARELY TEENAGERS!" I tell her, extremely grossed out by her dirty mind. But I'm talking about Jen, so.

"Fine! I'm just saying I would be all over that if I-"

"JEN I WILL LET YOU MEET HIM AND HOOK YOU UP WITH HIS FRIEND IF YOU SHUT UP ABOUT HAYES' DICK!" I yell at her.

"Okay I'm silent." Jen crosses her arms. "So is his friend cute?"

"You'll see." I cross my arms and lay back.

XxxXxxXxXXXxx

Okokokok! This is done and it was kinda boring but I DO NOT CARE Okay I have to go to work but thanks for reading everyone!

QOTD: How do you feel about a Haylex sex scene? xD

-Maya