Rosy Cheeks

Kaycee could almost visibly see Sean putting on a mask.

Was going to lunch really making Sean that distressed?

"Stop." Kaycee stated bluntly.

Sean widened his eyes in confusion. Did she not want him to put his arm on her?

Just as he went to pull his arm back, Kaycee started talking.

"Why are you closing up?" Kaycee questioned. Was she making him uncomfortable?

Sean replied, "Like I said, I'm not really close with anyone here. No need for unnecessary interactions."

Kaycee stated at him intently.

"We're not going to sit with your friends," declared Kaycee.

Sean paused, "Are you sure Kayc? You were pretty insistant on it earlier."

Kaycee nodded, "I'm not going to make you uncomfortable and quiet with other people just because I wanted to see what your school friends were like."

"Why do you want to meet them?" Sean pondered.

Kaycee winked, "I have to make sure you don't have any secret best friends I should be worried about."

Kaycee didn't dare add that she was actually concerned about Sean being much closer with other people.

It sent an uncomfortable pang through her chest.

She decided to ponder that at a later date.

Sean chuckled, "Don't worry Ricebowl, you'll always be my best friend."

Kaycee's face lit up like a Christmas tree and Sean couldn't help but notice how pretty she looked.

"Your hair looks gorgeous today, Kayc. Can I ask why you kept it curly?" Sean questioned, knowing that she usually straightens it.

A vibrant blush fought its way onto Kaycee's cheeks.

"No reason," Kaycee muttered.

Sean looked at her confused, "Oh, well it's nice,"

Kaycee quickly became flustered again and put her hands over her cheeks.

Sean's dimples became visible as he pulled her hands off her face.

Kaycee unsurely looked up at her friend.

"Your blush is adorable."

...Que more blushing.

AN: Sorry this chapter is short (and bad). It's really late and I'm mentally drained from homework.