• { 41 } •

I collapsed onto the sheets of my bed in exhaustion.

The last week had been awful. I had been constantly stressed out in class, and as a result I had dropped a few places on the Sorcerer score board. The only time I was calm was when I was forcing myself to be when in the presence of Professor Rosewood.

The loneliness was painful. My friends were still angry at me, and I spent hours coming up with apologies to them when I should of been studying. But I was never able to approach them. Even when it was just us in our room.

I took a brief glance around the room before stuffing my face back into my pillow. They aren't in the room now, I wonder why? Probably made arrangements with other to get away from the awkwardness that has recently been encompassing this area.

I suddenly felt the light tread of Ninja's paws on top of my back, and turned my head as far back as it would go to get a look at her. Ninja was calmly licking a paw.

I groaned. "Not now, Ninja," I said. "Just... not now."

I tried to rise up of the bed, but at Ninja's indignant "MEOW!" I ceased my efforts.

"C'mon Ninja, let me up."

She looked at me once more before teleporting off. I sat up and sighed, before Ninja once again caught my eye.

She was pawing the edge of my calendar on the wall, and my eyes followed what she was gesturing towards. An entry for tonight.

Training Session.

I paled as I realized why Jade and Marie weren't in our room already. They had gone to meet Peter and Fred for training.

I realized I hadn't even told them about the warning I had received, and mentally cursed myself for not thinking about doing so.

This wasn't good. Professor Rosewood had implied that I would be kicked out of the school if I trained with others.

But they can't get into trouble for practicing how to fight, right?

Maybe. But associating and learning from other Hero Types was another matter altogether. Even now, I could remember that ever since the first class they had been drilling it into our heads that we weren't supposed to associate with other Hero Types beyond friendship and that we wouldn't be seeing them outside of the school. If my friends were caught training together, there would be massive consequences.

I had to warn them.

Mentally, I sent a message spell. Using a happy memory, I pictured Jade, Peter, Marie and Fred before composing what I wanted to say.

Guys, I know we aren't on the best of terms, but there's something I need to tell you. Cease the training until I arrive. I'm coming now, be ready.

If I were to contact another Sorcerer, it would send them a mental image of the message. But since I was contacting my friends, none of whom Sorcerers, it would send a physical note that would dissolve within a few moments.

Finished, I threw open the door to my room and went out into the hallway. I was about to run straight to the training room when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A flash of colour.

I turned to look for the source of light, but found none. Pursuing my lips, I decided to try a spell I hadn't attempted in a while.