"Uh boys?" They looked at me."What are you talking about?"They looked at each other and Marcus nodded.

"Fine but I'm coming Damon. If this goes haywire I need to know why and how to help her."

"Fine come on I know where to go."

..........

The car ride was quiet and awkward and the whole time I just kept looking back and forth between them.

"Katie if you keep staring at us I am going to make you come back here with me and I'll sit you in my lap." I blushed at the thought and looked out the window. While they laughed at my reaction to Marcus's words. Sometime during the ride I fell asleep.

There was no fog but there was rain. The rain was so heavy I could barely see through it but I did see a light. It was calling to me. I came to a stop in a meadow full of flowers and living creature. The rain circled this place but not a drop touched it. In the middle of the field was a throne. It was glowing and I couldn't make out any of the details but it was white with gold in it. I stepped closer to it.

Then the lady appeared in front of me blocking the throne.

"It is not time for you to sit there yet my daughter. Do Not tell anyone of this dream until it is time. Do you understand?" I nodded. "Good my child now it is time for you to know my name. Dear Katelyn my name is Freya." I don't know why but I curtsied. "Now my daughter I bestow this kiss on you for all to know what you are to me but be warned it can bring evil as well as good." She walked up to me and kissed my forehead then disappeared then once again I was falling.

.......

"Marcus! We can't wake her!"

"Why?!"

"I don't know if it'd harm her." I sat up and looked around to have Marcus throw his self at me.

"Are you ok Katie?"

"I'm fine Marcus." He nodded and stood up and that's when I realized I wasn't in the car anymore but I didn't have long to look cause Damon grabbed my chin.

"Who put that mark on you Katie?" My hand flew to my cheek remembering my dad punch me. I went to look to the ground but he wouldn't let me. "Who did it?"

"No one." I mumbled. Thinking of my dad and how he hit me out of no where.

"Your father did this to you." He said it looking me in the eye and I was so shocked I just nodded. He shook his head in anger and started walking off.

"It's ok I'm use to it." They both looked at me like I lost my mind.

"That is not ok Katie" Marcus said. "Were all those marks from him?"

"No." He sighed in relief. "Some were from mom." Something flashed in his eyes and Damon ran up.

"Marcus you don't want to scare her so calm down." Marcus just stood up and took a few steps back. I looked a round we were in a small clearing. There was a waterfall right next to us that ran off into a pool of water. When I looked in the water I saw a pale mark on my forehead. Looking closer I saw it was a small kiss mark. I cupped the water below in my hand and tried to rub it off but it wouldn't. I heard footsteps and looked up to see the boys sitting either side of me.

"It won't come off Katie." Damon sighed.

"How did I get it?" 

"You know Katie. Will you tell us about your dreams now?" I nodded and told them everything except my last dream. "When did she kiss you and has she told you her name?" I nodded. "OK so when did Freya kiss you Katie?"

Looking at the ground I answered."When we were in the car." He nodded like he knew already but Marcus was the one who spoke up next.

"Is that why she was thrashing in her seat?"

"Either that or it was a reaction to her falling." Marcus nodded like it made sense. It was my turn to question now.

"So how did you know about my dreams Damon? And what were you guys talking about back at the diner?" The boys shared a look then Damon nodded. Marcus turned me around to face him before he answered.

"We were talking about The Elders we can't say much about them except that they are the strongest and oldest of our kind." I nodded.

"Ok what do you mean our kind?"

"Katie we aren't human. We don't know what you are but Damon is a telepathy and I'm a lycanthrope." He paused and looked at me as if he was trying to gage my reaction he must of saw what he was looking for because he continued."Your parents are human which we don't understand how come your not since you come from a line of pure humans, but we can't judge since it's obvious Freya has gifted you and claimed you as hers." He gestured to my forehead. I looked at there foreheads and saw they didn't have the same mark.

"Then why don't you guys have the kiss on your forehead." Damon laughed and faced me towards him so I can look at him while he talked.

"Because Katie Freya only marks those who are important to her." My head was starting to hurt with all this craziness. "Marcus I think we might have to show her." 

"Show me what?"

"Your not sure you believe us so Marcus will shift to prove to you we are speaking the truth. If that's ok with you?" He wasn't looking at me when he asked so I didn't answer.

"You have extra clothes with you?"

"Some sweat pants should fit you."

"Ok Just make sure she doesn't get hurt." Damon nodded and Marcus got up and sprinted to the middle of the clearing. Damon pulled me in his lap and wrapped his arms around me and I was to stunned to move. I watched as Marcus's skin crawled. The sickening sound of breaking bones and moving flesh could be heard from hear. The whole time he kept his eyes on me. I was thankfully it didn't take long and was surprised he looked like a normal wolf. Marcus came up to us slowly and Damon let me go. I reached my hand out towards the wolf and he smelt me then licked my hand.

Damons voice came out clear in the now quiet forest. " You believe us now?" I couldn't do anything but nod. 

(picture of Marcus's wolf)