Chapter 45 : Breakfast

ERICK'S POV

The hospital isn't very far away from my place, so I decide to walk, today. It's quite early in the morning and a soft golden glow is painting the sky. I shut the door behind me and step out.

I walk out, onto the footpath and see a packet of Doritos fallen in front of Angela's gate.

What is this girl?

I laugh softly to myself and pick it up so that I can give it back to her. The moment I stand up straight, I'm knocked back down by a petite figure whose face is not visible because there's a huge bag in front. The impact causes the figure to fall backwards, too and I hear a feminine voice groan, "What the hell?"

"Why do we keep meeting like this?" I get to my knees and pick up the items that have fallen from the bag.

"Well, we'd meet like normal humans if you weren't blind!" Angela yells.

"Excuse me? You're the one who is blind. You didn't use your rear view mirrors yesterday and you were carrying a bag that's bigger than yourself, twenty seconds ago." I roll my eyes and help her up.

I glance at her shirt which reads, 'It's a Monday morning, go away.' I giggle a little because that perfectly describes her mood right now.

She grunts, "Damn, I didn't know that my favourite singer was blind and couldn't see a girl walk out to pick up a packet of chips that had fallen down."

"I was picking it up for you."

"No, you weren't."

"Why do you need to yell so much, early in the morning?"

"I'm not yelling!" She yells.

"Sure, you're crazy." I shove the bags into her hands and turn to walk away. She wobbles, obviously unable to sustain the weight, so she falls down again with a small, "Oof."

Don't look back, don't pick her up.

"That's just rude!" She squeals.

I roll my eyes, "I would've been much nicer if somebody wasn't cranky on this fine Monday morning."

"Okay, I'm sorry. Happy?" She looks into my eyes as she's still sitting on the ground.

I just sigh and help her up. I grip her hand tightly and pull her up with a more than sufficient force. Not on purpose, I'm not accustomed to helping girls get up, from the ground. She literally falls forward, bringing her body flush against mine. She blushes a deep shade of crimson and pulls away immediately.

"I'm s-sorry." She blushes.

I shrug, "My fault, I'm sorry."

"Really sorry for everything."

"You really need to stop saying sorry so often."

"Okay, sorry." She blurts.

"You're doing it again."

"Ugh, fine."

"See? That's easy." I say and she rolls her eyes.