006 | taekook

fluff
+
taekook

Jungkook was a quiet highschool kid

Jungkook was a quiet highschool kid. He seemed cold, and he never smiled. Not even around his friends. It was rare for him to even crack a tiny smile. He never really seemed happy. He hung out with Seokjin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung.

Jungkook was walking down the hall with Jimin, making his way to math class. Just as the two boys say down on their chairs, the bell rang.

The teacher walked into the loud classroom, and the students laughter, and talking quiet down. She took a deap breath before speaking to the class.

"Class. I will be taking a break for now, so you get this whole period free for yourselves" she announced and left the room after.

All students cheered happily. Except for Jungkook. Taehyung looked at him and smiled. Taehyung has secretly liked Jungkook for a long time now.

He's liked the younger for as long as he can remember. They were always found together. Whether it be on the playground in the third grade, or taking walks in the ninth grade. They were always together. Everyone thought they were either brothers or lovers. Of course, Tae liked the idea of lovers more, because you know, he's liked the younger since the first grade. He knew it when the feeling of jealousy took over him, when he saw Jungkook talking with another young boy, who looked like he was around Tae's age at the time. His feelings were confirmed when his heart started to flutter whenever the younger would do something as simple as change his hair, or wear an outfit that shows off a good part of his body.

The three boys sat around Jimin's desk and just talked and bonded. Jimin was joking around. "...then my mom forgot me in the parking lot" he finished. "Wow, you really do suck" Jungkook joked.

Jimin knew Jungkook was joking, his aura was just extremely serious and gloomy. Maybe close to very unhappy.

Taehyung then made a surprisingly funny joke. And Jungkook laughed. Suddenly the whole class went silent and everyone was shocked.

All heads turned to the three boy's table, and everyone wore either a shocked impression, or a confused impression.

Jungkook, the one and only quiet, cold kid who doesn't smile, had just laughed.

The whole class erupted in whispers, some which Jungkook caught on to.

Did Jungkook just laugh?

He looks so happy~

Wait- he's smiling!

Whispers were heard from all around the class. It went back to normal after a couple seconds.

"Dude. You realize you just laughed and smiled right?" Jimin asked Jungkook. "Yeah" he said as if it were so obvious.

What no one -except Jungkook- knew, was that he spent every night smiling and thinking about one special boy who made his heart flutter, and butterflies erupt and take over his stomach

They spent the rest of the class talking. Taehyung had suddenly gotten more quiet. He didn't want to accidentally confess his feelings for the boy sitting right next to him. He loved him so much, he was feeling as if he would accidentally blurt out everything he's keeping inside him about his feeling towards Jungkook, if the boy did something that would send him over the edge.

"Hey Taehyung. Tae!" Taehyung hadn't realized he was zoning out. "Yeah what? I'm awake" he said confused. Jungkook chuckled lightly, only heard by Tae, Jimin and a couple more classmates.

As the bell dismissed them for lunch, Tae got pulled by Jungkook and into an empty classroom, which shocked the older.

"Wha-" Taehyung started off but got cut off. "Are you okay?" Jungkook asked making Taehyung confused. "Huh?" He tilted his head in a puppy matter. "You've been quiet today" Jungkook pointed out.

"Uh yeah, just trying to hold myself back from saying something I'll regret" after saying that, Taehyung regreted opening his mouth in the first place. He slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Saying what?" Tae froze. "U-um nothing Kookie" Taehyung cursed himself for stuttering. "What is it Tae?" "Well, I kinda like someone and I'm afraid I might accidentally blurt out who it is and give them a lecture about how much I love them. So I thought it'd be better if I just didn't talk" Taehyung said in one breath.

"Who is it you like?" Jungkook took a step closer. Taehyung looked down because he really didn't want to look up at his crush.

"No o-" Tae started. "Don't even try to say that" Jungkook knew him too well. "Just tell me Tae"

"Fine. It's you. You're the one I like. Happy now?" Taehyung said. "I am?" Jungkook asked with a smile on his face, and a hint of confusion.

Taehyung nodded his head. Jungkook started smiling, bigger than Tae had ever seen Jungkook smile. "I like you too Tae" The older was happy because Jungkook showcased his amazing smile to Taehyung without a second thought.

Jungkook went in for a hug. They held each other tightly, none of them wanting to let go. "Will you be my boyfriend?" Jungkook asks.

"Of course. I would love to!"

And they held the hug for a while longer. When they let go, both boys looked at each other with smiles so big, they couldn't be swiped off their faces. Jungkook shortly pecked Taehyung's lips and they both blushed a beautiful scarlet colour.

They walked back to the table of seven, hand in hand. Jungkook wore a smile even bigger than Taehyung's. Everyone had their attention on them. They all wondered how Tae could make him smile like that.

"Taehyung made Jungkook smile!"

-end-
935 words