Chapter 10 (My Blessing)

I wanna give a shoutout to @ruasamer and @zayakhan. Thanks for reading my book and voting. Hope i didnt bug you guys too much. ❤️

--------------------------------------------

"Assalamu Alaikum."

"Walaikum Salaam," he said looking at me from top to bottom, "wow. You look really beautiful today..." When I raised an eyebrow, he quickly said, "not that you were not beautiful before, you were... I mean you are. Ughh shut up Omar. Here, I bought these for you," he said, handing me the roses which happens to be my favorite and making me giggle like a school girl.

We sat down and placed our orders when Omar's phone buzzed and I saw him tense up a bit. Showing me a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, he silenced his phone and not long after that, it buzzed again

"You should answer. It's probably someone important."

"It's no one important. Just some girls from school calling me and all." From his expression, I could tell he regretted telling me that and who was I kidding? I felt a slight burn of jealousy inside me.

"Hey, it's nothing like that. They are just friends. For me it's just you," he said, placing his hands over the table on top of my hands. I couldn't help blush and felt relieved at the same time. And just to ruin the moment, the waiter brought our food.

I really didn't know how time flew by but it was 9 past. We ate our yummy yummy pizzas with chocolate milkshakes and talked about almost everything. From talking to Omar for so long, I found out that he had a step sister who would always anger him. She would say bad things about his birth mother and when Omar yelled at her, it was always he that gets in trouble. His father, despite knowing everything, acts as if he doesn't. He simply chose to ignore and constantly told Omar, "as long as you have food, water, clothes, education and a place to stay you, can't complain about anything". What kind of a father was he?

Omar offered to walk me home after he paid for our dinner. It was really dark outside. Once we were standing on my house porch, I turned around to look at him. It started raining and it created the perfect moment for us.

"Hey, listen," I could tell he was nervous, "I know we've gotten pretty close and all within the past days and we have kissed and all. You might have a confusion where we both stand cuz I know I do. So I want to start off by making things official," He took a single rose from my bouquet and got down on his knees, "Amina Abdulla, will you please do me the honours of becoming my girlfriend?"

Oh my Allah. This was by far the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. Blushing like a cherry tomato, I took the rose from his hand and nodded, "It would be my pleasure." He got up and kissed me. I had thousands of butterflies in my stomach. This was the second time that we kissed and this time, everything inside me felt like it was going to burst. I felt like I was healing. All the pain from my mom being gone; of being alone; everything just started healing. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. When he finally broke the kiss, he placed another kiss on my forehead and cheeks and whispered, "Good Night Gorgeous. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

With that being said, he started walking away. I wondered where he lived. I hope he didn't have to walk too far. Maybe he had a car or something. He never mentioned it. When his shadow finally disappeared, I unlocked my door and went inside. Leaning on the door, I couldn't brush off the smile on my face. I was really happy and tonight was one of the best nights of my life. I wish my mom was here, so that I could tell her everything. But then again, she would not approve and I would have to keep it a secret. I know it was wrong but I just couldn't help myself.

I made my way outside to the backyard and sat on the swing my dad made when I was little. Looking up at the sky, I saw a star shining "Mommy, I know you're watching me wherever you are, and I know that this is wrong but without Omar I don't know how I will be able to bear the fact that you're not here anymore. He is the reason I'm not crawled up in the corner of my room crying. I miss you a lot Ma," at this point tears started falling off my eyes as I started telling her everything about tonight, "I think he is good for me Ma. Maybe, he is my blessing from Allah. He makes me so happy, and I can't stop smiling. Wish you were here with me. Love you Mommy. Love you so much." I went back inside, changed my clothes, prayed, and went to sleep. That night I forgot about everything and anything, and slept like a baby.

100 Reads on this book already. Every vote and read counts. I wanna thank you all so much for reading and please please pretty please with a cherry on top vote each chapter. It would mean the world to me and comment on your ideas and view on my book.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT