Training

- Shikamaru's pov. -

It all started when Yuki was released from restricted medical leave.

She had been forced to basically do nothing for two weeks so, once she was released, the first thing she wanted to do was train. Her teammates apparently over heard because next thing I knew they were at my house and Naruto was talking my mother into getting me to join them.

It didn't take much to convince her so before I even knew it I was up, ready for the day, and being dragged to the training grounds by Naruto with Sasuke following behind us.

Once we got there Yuki was already training and was so focused she didn't realize we were there. She had her back towards us, giving us a clear view of all the scars she received while captured.

While looking at the numerous amount of deep scars littered over her tattoo, a chill rolls down my spine at the realization of what she must've gone through, 'they look painful...'

Snapping out of my thought, I watch as Yuki forms a couple hand signs before gaining a bow in her hands and a quiver on her back. Notching an arrow, she drew the string back before letting it fly. It was quiet for a few seconds before the thunk of the arrow hitting its target filled the air.

"Wow Yu-chan! That was amazing!!" Naruto shouts causing Yuki to freak out and aim an arrow at us

"Whoa!" Naruto shouts while putting his hands up followed by me and Sasuke.

"Oh, sorry." She says before letting the jutsu fade to nothing, "So what are you guys doing here?"

"We came to train." Sasuke says while glancing away.

"Yea! We heard you were going to be training today so we came too!" Naruto excitedly shouts.

Yuki raises an eyebrow at them before turning to me, "You got dragged into this, didn't you?"

"They got my mom to drag me out." I sigh while rubbing the back of my neck.

🎼Play Music🎼

"Well, in that case-" she says while grinning before making finger guns at us, "-let's train." She then shoots chakra bullets.

I am flesh and I am bone
Rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold
I've got fire in my soul
Rise up, ting ting, like glitter
Like glitter and gold
Like glitter

Diving out of the way, I hide behind a tree for cover, leaving the other two to find their own cover. Peaking around the tree, I don't see Yuki.

"What are you looking for?" Yuki's voice sounds in my ear.

Do you walk in the valley of kings?
Do you walk in the shadow of men
Who sold their lives to a dream?
Do you ponder the manner of things
In the dark
The dark, the dark, the dark