Chapter 13 Her Name

Many times have Hayden apologized.

Many times have I rejected them.

Many times have I passed him by the hallway.

He's always made an effort to apologize every time we saw each other.

But I just kept ignoring him.

"Hey. You here with me?" Diana snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"O-oh yeah. Sorry." I apologized.

"Hey, if you're so upset, just forgive him."

No.

"No. He will not be forgiven." I said strictly.

She sighed in defeat.

"You'll be miserable. Please...reconsider. This 'feud' is doing the both of you damage and distress."

"And the princess and her knight lived happily ever after. The end."

"Mama, why did the knight save her?"

"Because he loved her. So why wouldn't he save the love of his life?"

"Oh? So there'll be a man who will save me as well? There will be someone who will love me?"

"Of course! And you'll be by his side as his anchor of strength."

"Wow! I can't wait!"

"I'm sure you can't little one. You deserve all the love." She kissed my forehead.

"Mommy? What about you?"

"Me? I have you. That's enough."

"But what if I have that man? What will happen to you? I don't mommy to be upset."

She smiled.

"You're too kind for your age my dear. Someday, everyone will acknowledge your kindness."

"Will they?"

"Absolutely. Never stop being kind, considerate, compassionate."

The days went by without mate and it had been terrible.

I found myself listening to the piano in a room where I didn't know existed. The room was there everyday, yet it stayed 'invisible' to everyone.

Everyone said they weren't allowed in. Not even his beta and delta or Diana.

Only mate could enter.

Every night after when I told him I don't trust him, I have heard him play the same piece every night.

It was so soothing, so breezy, so...sad.

The way he played, gave a sad impression. The gentleness he pressed the note, gave a soft impression. The feeling he put in to play the piece, was just exceptionally depressing.

The piece was played over and over again. But I just enjoyed it over and over again. The more I listened, the more I fell in love with the piece.

I would open the door ever so slightly, and watch him play.

He always had a miserable face when playing, yet, comforting when listening to what he himself was playing.

I would peek in and watch and he always took no notice. Sometimes, he would let some tears fall.

Now I know. This was his comfort place.

Where he could express what he was feeling openly, freely. Without having to act, pretend, or wear the mask that covers his emotions everyday.