City of Stars (Evan Hansen x Reader)

City of stars, are you shining just for me?

Evan stares at you as you play the tiny black piano and sing out in a lovely, sweet voice.

City of stars, there's so much that I can see
Who knows?

You were both laying on his bed, your legs in the air as you laid on your stomach and play the keys. Evan thought you looked so beautiful as your hair shined from the lamp illuminating the room.

I felt it from the first embrace I shared with you
That now our dreams, they finally come true

Little did you know that Evan thought you were his city of stars. You shine in everything you do, your eyes and smile are so bright like new stars.

City of stars
Just one thing everybody wants

Everybody did want you. Many guys and girls, even Jared, wanted to be with you. But you picked him.

There in the bars, and through the smokescreen of the crowded restaurants

I suppose a cafeteria would work in our situation, Evan thinks. A crowded, hot place and you two just happened to sit together. Evan had never felt so lucky.

It's love
Yes, all we're lookin' for is love from someone else

As you continued to sing, Evan felt himself blush. You were so amazing. He found his first love with you. With Zoe, it was purely a crush but with you... he was in love with you.

A rush

Like right now.

A glance

His eyes flickered to your lips.

A touch

I want to touch you, Evan thinks.

A dance

I want to dance with you, Evan pleads mentally.

Look in somebody's eyes to light up the skies
To open the world and send it reelin'

Your (e/c) did that to him everyday and you had no idea. You, (Y/N) (L/N) were Evan's city of stars.

A voice that says I'll be here, and you'll be alright

The countless times you had to comfort Evan during tough, anxious times.

I don't care if I know
To swear I will go

The road trips you would both take to see the trees and just laugh together.

'Cause all that I need's this crazy feeling
A rat-tat-tat on my heart

Evan's heart was beating so fast. The memories the both of you shared were so special to him.

Think I want it to stay
City of stars, are you shining just for me?

You were only shining for him. No other boy or girl or other. For him. For Evan Hansen.

City of stars, you never shined so brightly

You whip your head around to see Evan and grin. He hadn't realized it but he had sang that part with you at the same time. His voice was beautiful but he rarely ever expressed it around you. You giggle and sit up, his blue polo on your frame hung loosely.

Evan gives a small smile before leaning forward and pressing your lips together firmly. Woah, you think. Evan was never this forward, he took things slow but this was a new side to him. He laces your fingers together.

You pull back a little and a shiver runs down your spine as you feel Evan's breath tickle your pink lips. And then he whispers something that makes your heart rat-tat-tat.

"I-I'm in love with you."
__________________________________