Chapter 7

Peter

Peter

⌲  

Getting the suit on isn't even a challenge anymore, but taking my clothes off always seems to take forever. And I don't mean for this to sound like a 'joke'. It's true.

Grunting and breathing loudly, I manage to jump into my suit with super-speed. Shucking my bag next to an air-conditioning unit, I take no time in running after MJ.

"Hello, Peter. How was your night with Michelle and Ned?"

"Good, actually. Except... I'm kinda in the middle of watching MJ go home safely."

"Oh. Would you like me to activate your night-mode vision?"

"That would be spectacular, Karen! Thanks."

It's not entirely cold, (the winter going and the spring coming) but my goosebumps are out of control as I spot MJ's form; slowly walking to her apartment. Apartment sounds so weird to describe the place that MJ lives in, but she never calls it home. I guess it's just a place she sleeps in. 

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense why she stays after school; never going back to 'her apartment'. That's really sad, actually. I'll have to ask her about it when I'm back as Peter.

Shaking my head, I get myself in the 'saving-the-day' mode. Grunting only slightly, I begin to climb the side of the nearest building; scaling the wall like it's some kindergarten rock-wall. 

I guess you could call me a kindergarten rock-wall pro. 

Once I'm at the top, I make a run for it. I leap after I reach the end of the first edge, and hardly make a sound as I land on the next building. I see Michelle again, and I smile. I'm smiling at the absurdity of this secret mission. She would have me murdered if she knew I was watching her like a hawk.

Wait, I mean- like a spider. I'm Spider-man, not Hawkeye! 

"Why we are following your friend to her house, Peter?"

"Something doesn't feel right."

As I say it; I feel it. My gut clenches and a whole new wave of scary washes over me.

Something's going to happen.

"Karen, scan the neighborhood." Another wave of chills. "Anyone that surrounds Michelle in a fifty-foot radius is a possible threat."

"Sure. Would you like me to inform you that there is a direct target charging at Michelle at an alarming rate?"

"That would be splendid, Karen."

I jump off the roof and almost immediately see the man in the alley below. His body is slim and fast as he hurls towards my friend. MJ is too close. There is not enough space between her and the man. This guy, who clearly has no intention of being gentle.