"I guess you won. So, now you can cook and I will do the dishes." Jayden said as he finished eating.
He rinsed his plate with water and put it in the dishwasher.
He took my plate from my hand.
"That's my work now and you don't get to oppose it. A challenge is a challenge." He said rinsing the plate.
I didn't say anything.
"You two should go and play at the beach. It's your vacation too, have fun!" He said.
"Zack, are you sleepy?" I asked Zack.
"No." Zack said shaking his head.
"We will wait for you here." I said and took Zack in my arms.
"I will be done in a few minutes, you can go to the beach." He said.
"We will wait right here." I said and sat Zack on the kitchen counter.
I will keep Zack near his dad so that he will need him even after I go.
"I am done! Let's go!" He said and wiped his hands with the hand towel.
He picked up Zack and walked towards the beach.
I followed after them.
"Zack, we just had lunch so let's not surf right now. Let's just play in the waters." He said to Zack.
"Ok!" Zack said running towards the waters.
I sat down on the sand.
"Julia, come!" Jayden said to me.
"I am good." I replied.
"Come on! Enjoy your vacation!" He said.
"I want to sit here for now." I said.
He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it and nodded his head.
He ran towards Zack as waves landed at Zack's foot.
Zack laughed loudly. Maybe he likes the waves when it touches his feet.
I sat there smiling. I will definitely miss Zack's laughter.
Julia!! Snap out of this!! You have a few years!! But, it still hurts to think that it won't be forever...

I got up from the bed. I can't fall asleep! I looked over to Zack who was sleeping peacefully. He must be tired from playing the whole day.
Let's go out for some fresh air. But first, let's make pillows boundaries. I know that the bed is really big but I can't help but worry about Zack falling down.
I arranged all the pillows at the end of the bed and kissed Zack's forehead.
I quietly got out of the room and closed the door.
I went to the beach and sat down on the sand looking at the waves. It's so peaceful right now. I never got a chance to come to the beach at night. I love this sound of waves. This is the first time I got to hear it so clearly.
"Can't sleep?" Someone said and I turned to see Jayden standing there.
"No. You?" I asked looking back at the sea.
"I saw you coming here so came to give you company." He said sitting beside me keeping a good distance between us.
I didn't say anything.
"What's wrong?" He asked me.
I looked at him confused.
"I can clearly see that something is wrong. You were just fine this morning and during breakfast too... your mood changed at the beach this morning... when I was taking Zack to surf!" He said and looked at me, his eyes wide.
"You are imagining things." I said avoiding his eyes.
"No, I am not! Maybe you got hurt by something I said... I am sorry if it was my fault." He said.
My head snapped to look at him. He is apologizing!!! He had actually said so many things to clearly hurt me but this is the first time he is sorry even though he didn't mean any harm.
"Maybe you misunderstood something, I am happy that Zack is surrounded by people who love him so dearly. I am happy that he is receiving so much love." He said trying to tell me what he meant.
"It's not your fault! It's mine... it's just that Zack is growing so fast and in a couple of years he will know that I am not his mom and then he won't need me anymore... it just..." I said and sighed.
"So, just this?" He said and I looked at him raising an eyebrow.
For him, it's just!! It's big deal for only me!!
"You must know that Sally raised me and I am now an adult, with a family but I still need her by my side. Zack is my son and I know that he will need you even when he gets old and even when he has his own kids and grandkids." He said laughing.
Then he made a really serious face.
"He will always need you! Trust me!" He said with a serious expression.
I smiled feeling relieved. I don't know why but his words just took away all that uneasiness. I feel like whatever he says is true. He just makes me believe him.
He smiled back at me.
We sat there in an awkward silence watching the waves.
"Why did you come here now?" I asked him.
"What?" He asked confused.
"It seemed like you love surfing and you said that you used to come here all the time then why did you take these many years to come here?" I asked him.
"Because of my wife. I don't know why but it seems like she hated beaches. I love surfing though." He said.
"Did she say that she hates beaches?" I asked him. How can someone hate beaches?! This sea, this sand, this cool breeze, these waves... this is paradise! How can anyone hate coming here??!!
"I don't know. She did come to the beach once. It was a long time ago when I didn't even know that I love her. I was going to Miami to surf there in the beautiful ocean and as usual, John had everything ready to follow me but he also invited her. Seeing them laughing and having fun together... it made me so jealous that I drank a lot and to calm my anger, I went surfing. I nearly drowned when she saved me. After that, she used to get angry even hearing the word beach! I don't know what reason she had because she never told me, it must be something that she didn't want to say." He said.
I looked at him dumbfounded. Is he for real?!!
"Are you sure you don't know the reason?" I asked him again.
"She never told me." He said shrugging his shoulders.
"Do you really take care of your business by yourself or do you employees take care of it for you?" I asked him.
"I take care of it myself! Why do you ask?" He asked confused.
"You don't look smart enough to handle the business." I said.
"What??" He said and then sighed.
"You spent a few minutes with John and now you are speaking his language." He said shaking his head.
"John is smart enough to know then." I said.
"What do you mean?" He asked me.
"Use your brains. I am going to sleep now." I said getting up.
"Hey!" He said.
"Good night, Mr. Smarty pants!" I said and started walking.
"At least give me a hint!!!" He called out from behind but I just walked inside.
Is he too naive or just dumb?!! He doesn't look like he can be any of these two! Let's see how much time it takes for him to figure this out.

Ok, guys!! So, this is the chapter!! I know you have waited so long for this. Sorry for the wait!! 😅
So, did you like the chapter? And how have you all been? 😀