Chapter Eleven

Jordyn Edwards

Mo and I were riding to the airport. He had a job to do so it was time for him to head back home. He's been here for a few weeks and the bond we have is crazy. The only man I thought I'd ever be close to was Chris but he's shown me that what I thought I had, wasn't real.

I pulled into the drop off zone and put the car in park. Then looked over at him and poked out my bottom lip. He laughed and pinched my chin. "Don't be sad J. I'll be back next week. It's money to be made." He reminded me.

"I know, this has just been the best few weeks. I wasn't stressed, you helped me with my kids. I just hate that you have to go."

"Me too, look I'll work overtime to try to come back sooner. That's cool?"

"Don't rush, come back when your done."

"Alright." He leaned over and kissed me. "I'll call when I land."

"Okay." I kissed him again. "Don't forget."

"I won't. Bye beautiful."

I smiled. "Bye."

He climbed out the car then went in the back and grabbed his bags. I waited until I couldn't see him anymore then pulled off. His good energy being gone made me feel sad and depressed again. Maybe I should give him a position here in Miami.

The kids were with Tank so I went and did some shopping for them just to get my mind off of things. Their dad was making his way into my brain and that's the last thing I want.

Once his mom is dead, I want wash my hands of any person that has brought me misery. I'm going to make sure Joesph is set for the rest of his life then I'm done.

My dad and Michael have been working overtime to find Joyce. They told me to give them a few days. I'm counting down the second, we're nearing the deadline that I gave them.

Pulling into my building, I climbed out the car and gave the keys to valet. I wanted to take a damn nap. I'm tired as hell due to the parting gift I gave Mo. I have to cook dinner so I need to gain some energy back.

Climbing off the elevator, I walked over to my door, I got ready to put in my key but the lock was popped. I laughed while opening the door.

I've been waiting on this.

"Christiaaaaaaan." I called while walking further into the house.

Footsteps emerged from the back of the apartment, then he appeared and smiled.

"Jordyn."

"What are you doing here?"

"Wanted to see my fiancé."

"Fiancé?" I laughed. "I'm single honey and so are you."

"I don't remember us agreeing to that."

"The minute you kept fucking other bitches when you knew that I was still alive is when we both became single."

"Jordyn you know you belong to me."

"Belong? You make me some like an object."

"Your mine, no matter what you say."

"I'm nobody's, you need to relax sir." I laughed again. "This new attitude that you developed over the past six months is very amusing."

"You made me this way."

"Don't put that on me, being a jack ass seems to run in your family."

"I'm nothing like my family."