xxvi. Power of One

♞ Ivy's POV ♞

I was on my way to visit Aaron again for the second time since the assassination of Delia.

I made my way to the garage, my coat keeping me warm against the freezing cold night air. My fingers adjusted my scarf, pulling it up a bit as the brisk wind hit me again. I rushed into the small building, searching for my keys to my car. I was a bit surprised when I couldn't find them on their usual shelf.

I bit my lip as I looked again, my eyes never catching sight of the keys with the little metal 'I' key ring on them. Where were they? I knew I had put them there last time.

I let out a frustrated huff as I still couldn't find them, until an engine roared to life in the garage, headlights blinding me.

Psh, I should've know it would be him.

Zayn seemed rather smug as he stared at me from the driver's seat of his black Maserati, my keys in his fingers. I rolled my eyes as I stepped back, letting him pull the sleek sports car out a bit. He rolled his window down and just smirked at me for a bit, my keys still in his fingers.

"Give me my keys, you idiot." I didn't have time to mess around.

"I will when you tell me where you're going." He countered, sticking his tongue out at me like a child. I really didn't have time to deal with a childish Zayn, knowing full well he would exploit his king status to get me to talk.

"Out. Now give me my keys." I sassed him, Zayn rolling his eyes this time.

"I figured that. Normally people do that when they drive."

"Hurry up, Zayn. Give me my keys, it's important." I urged him, Zayn only shaking his head and rolling his window back up. I was about to ask what he was doing until I heard the Maserati's engine roar again, the car beginning to drive out of the garage.

That bastard.

"Zayn! Give me my keys!" I yelled, chasing after the black sports car Zayn had nicknamed Ebony. It surprised me when the car stopped just before leaving the Manor gates, Zayn rolling the window down again once I had caught up with him.

"Just get in, I have an errand to run. Might as well take you to see Sebastian too."

He knew.

***

I had instructed Zayn to take me to the bar first, afterwards remaining in uncomfortable silence as the Maserati zoomed down the city streets without care. No one would pull over the king, besides, I doubted Zayn would care about the ticket price. He probably carried that amount of cash in his pocket.

"Isla told me you've been seeing him." Zayn spoke quietly, all joking long gone from his voice. "I know he hasn't woken up yet, but I think he will soon."

I didn't say anything. I didn't tell him about the nights I had lost hours of sleep researching coma patients, searching for a number that would tell me the chance Sebastian had of waking up. The most I could find was that every patient was different. Some who had minor injuries had never woken up, and sometimes those with life-threatening injuries were the quickest to wake up. Other times it was vice-versa , those with minor injuries waking up a few hours after surgery, others never waking up at all. My stress wasn't eased with the fact that Sebastian had suffered a gunshot wound, and those were the ones that could cause life-threatening complications easily. So no, I didn't say anything.

I just changed the subject.

"What's the errand you have to do?" I asked, feeling like it was only polite to ask him.